Whats the best 3rd party extended warranty company available w/ the best services
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Whats the best 3rd party extended warranty company available w/ the best services in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I purchased my 07 STS in December of 2011 w/ 47k miles on it. It's June and I'm at 54k, ...
    triumph.man is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 STS

Whats the best 3rd party extended warranty company available w/ the best services

I purchased my 07 STS in December of 2011 w/ 47k miles on it. It's June and I'm at 54k, and thinking of getting an extended warranty from a 3rd party. Haven't had any issues but just in case....

I see that there are many plans available, and want to know what I should get covered under warranty.
    Don't want to spend more than $150 / month on this service, but want a long term warranty.

Anyone have any experience, and what company/coverage you guys opted for.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

triumph.man is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 STS

Re: Whats the best 3rd party extended warranty company available w/ the best services

https://www.warrantydirect.com/PowerShieldEnhanced.aspx

I went to warranty direct and looked at the powershield plan. Not sure if this is good or not. :/

eatyoursandwich is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS N*

Re: Whats the best 3rd party extended warranty company available w/ the best services

I have the PowerShieldEnhanced coverage from WarrantyDirect 'til 200,000 miles.

Only had the car since January, but the warranty has already paid for a replacement Nav unit after I messed it up. The Nav replacement was about 80% of what the warranty cost me so I have no doubt it will pay for itself the next time something goes wrong.

I've used warranty direct on all my vehicles after the factor warranty ran out and only 1 case did it NOT end up paying for itself. On my B5 S4, I had around $12,000 worth of work done in less than a year -- all I paid was the deductible.

They paid for my water pump and CV joints in another car and even paid for the dealer to replace my timing chain (a nearly $4k job by the dealer).

BaTu is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 STS4

I had Warranty Direct on my last car (97 STS) and they were Very Good to me! When I bought my '05 I got a quote from WD and GMPP and they were about the same so I decided to bypass the whole "approval" process that WD needed and just go with GM.

My '97 was @ $1,200 for 7yr/100K (they DON'T DO THAT anymore ) and they ended up laying out @ $6,000 in repairs by the time the 7yrs was up (the main reason I sold that car, No REAL Warranty was available to me anymore...)

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Too bad you didn't buy a warranty before the OEM one expired. You had more options.

My dealer offers Zurich aftermarket warranties at competitive prices. 5 cars & various claims without a single issue.

Check the financials of any companies you don't know to be reputable. Choose a policy written in terms of excluded items (the fewest you can afford) rather than a list of covered items. Even minor repairs on these cars aren't cheap.

LiquidTrader is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    How much do these warranties usually go for per month?

2005 STS 80k miles. What do you think I'll pay for an extended warranty?

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Not sure if you can get one for an 05 at this point. Dealers who sell them typically take it as a lump sum or finance with car purchase only.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Check with the finance manager at a local dealer that's active on the Internet. If they won't do it, they know who will. Just as on the Internet, do your homework.

Warranties and insurance are two side of the same coin. It's a hedge to protect against costs that would affect your standard of living.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.