2006 sts tires
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 2006 sts tires in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Now I get this is purely opinion, but based on what you own, what's the best tire size and why. ...
    idkwhothatis123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS W/ Premium Package

2006 sts tires for after market rims

Now I get this is purely opinion, but based on what you own, what's the best tire size and why. I'm looking for 20's or 22's and I don't want to sacrifice a whole lot of smoothness on the drive. I appreciate the help folks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Re: 2006 sts tires

If you have MRC, 22's or even 20's will be very sensitive to the slightest imperfections in the road.

It's your car. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    If you have MRC, 22's or even 20's will be very sensitive to the slightest imperfections in the road.

It's your car. Enjoy!
    Out of curiosity, how can I tell if I do have that? And I assume you mean magnetic ride control by mrc right?

Ludacrisvp is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Yeah. Open the hood, and look at the top of the strut towers and you will see if there's wires attached to the top of them. Wires = MRC. You may have to remove the plastic beauty panels to see this. Or in the trunk under the spare tire cover look at the RPO list for F55 this is the option code for the MRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    Yeah. Open the hood, and look at the top of the strut towers and you will see if there's wires attached to the top of them. Wires = MRC. You may have to remove the plastic beauty panels to see this. Or in the trunk under the spare tire cover look at the RPO list for F55 this is the option code for the MRC.
    I appreciate the help man. If I do have this feature, would I be able to lower my car? Sorry for the dumb questions, caddy n00b.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    I appreciate the help man. If I do have this feature, would I be able to lower my car? Sorry for the dumb questions, caddy n00b. I just figure with 20's, lower it. 22s stay as is.

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 126k
    Lowering an MRC equipped car may cause all sorts of suspension issues, i wouldn't attempt it...Too much $$$ at risk monkeying with MRC.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

Quote Originally Posted by curtc View Post
    Lowering an MRC equipped car may cause all sorts of suspension issues, i wouldn't attempt it...Too much $$$ at risk monkeying with MRC.
    I appreciate the help guys. I'll look at my car tonight after work and see what's up.

Edit: Definitely have mrc. Saw wires and looked up the part number in the trunk. Thanks for the heads up. Stock size for sure now.

STS can have two styles of leveling systems. Check with D3 if lowering is your goal.

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    STS can have two styles of leveling systems. Check with D3 if lowering is your goal.
    I'm looking to lower and add 20's without sacrificing much smoothness on the ride. I think I'm wanting my cake and eat it too.

It's OK to want it all; just realize that the handling, allignment, ride and tire life will suffer.

I guess my next question then is the previosu owner of my car kept the staggered setup on the tires. he even bought the same tires that the oem had. will going to all one size affect the smoothness of my ride at all? i'd like to be able to rotate my damn tires and not buy new ones so often. If so, has anyone found a good size for all four?

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Even though you can put same-sized tires on staggered wheels, remember the reason they are staggered is because the wheel widths (between front and back) are different as well; so rotation is still not viable.

dannyquest is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS 95,000 miles

I called Tire Rack and they stated on staggered set up go with what on the rear and install on front. Danny

Good point. Cool. Thanks guys

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.