New nav disc for free
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, New nav disc for free in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey guys, So I called 877navdisc today to inquire about a free nav disc replacement and they got on the ...
    idkwhothatis123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS W/ Premium Package

New nav disc for free

Hey guys,

So I called 877navdisc today to inquire about a free nav disc replacement and they got on the line with someone from a diff department. They asked for my name, address, vin, and make and model. I have an 06 Sts with the stock disc. Never been upgraded. After about 15 mins or so on hold, they said my disc will be mailed free of charge. Give it a shot guys. They sent the 2011 disc though as the 2012 disc is out of stock.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Re: New nav disc for free

Wow, nice

LiquidTrader is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    How come that stuff never happens to me? I told them the dealer lied when I got home and realized the Nav DVD box was empty and told me they would replace it and never did. The response I got was $199 for a disk. Lol

What did you say?

MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE
    IIRC - they also had a sale on the discs last year around Father's Day. Something like $50 off. Nice deal if you really need a new disc and I hope they do it again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidTrader View Post
    How come that stuff never happens to me? I told them the dealer lied when I got home and realized the Nav DVD box was empty and told me they would replace it and never did. The response I got was $199 for a disk. Lol

What did you say?
    I told them that mine got scratched and asked for a replacement. He asked if I wanted to purchase one and I said preferably not. That I was hoping for a complimentary disc. Told him I didn't care which disc, that I just needed one and budget was tight. He verified that I was looking for a free disc. Asked about my car and then he went to a diff department and about 15 later he asked if the '11 was okay since the 12 was gone. In the mail.
    mckellyb and mckellyb like this.

eatyoursandwich is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS N*

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidTrader View Post

What did you say?
    I just told them the truth when I got my free 2012 disc back in Feb.

The dealer had a 2011 disc on the invoice, but said the 2012 disc would be sent to me free of charge. When the disc was never sent, I called GMnavdisc, told the nice lady what happened and she sent me a brand new 2012 disc no questions asked.

To make it better, I went back to the dealer for service and showed him the invoice which stated the 2011 disc with correct serials and everything. Told the SA that the car came with a '07 disc and the 2012 was never sent; I had to go through GMNavdisc to get it. Within 5 minutes, I was refunded $199 by the dealer without so much as complaining, just stating facts. I never asked for a refund or anything for that matter, I just let my SA know what happened, he took responsibility (which in fairness wasn't his fault) and refunded the money because to him, it was the right thing to do. Another reason I have been thoroughly satisfied with not only my local Cadillac dealer, but also GM of America as a whole.

LiquidTrader, try calling GM of America and explaining your issue.

I posted the number and extension of the lady at GMNavdisc that sent me the free disc in another thread, I just can't find it right now.

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    06-07 cars came with 2 free updates. That's why some people are successful at gettin a free update after they give their Vin...

rnkath08 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 v8

thanks for the tip, mine had never been upgraded, but its on its way!!!
    even though I hate the nav system, it does help to know where I'm going!

Quote Originally Posted by rnkath08 View Post
    thanks for the tip, mine had never been upgraded, but its on its way!!!
    even though I hate the nav system, it does help to know where I'm going!
    Hard to use for sure and I typically use my phone GPS. In a pinch its good for a backup

Tried them yesterday and they could not do anything. They did say if I had an 06 or 07 that they would give a free updated disc.

Anyone with an 06 or 07 - call them and get you a free disc!! If you do, think about me for your old one!

I mainly want to confirm this thing works. The empty case might have been on purpose from the dealer! Ill be pissed if that's the case.

Greg00coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 STS

did ya go back to the dealer and ask him about the disk? when I bought my 05 in 09 there was no disk in the car. during the delivery the salesman stopped by a cabinet and they had dozens of disks and he just picked up the latest one and gave to me. they just had them stockpiled.

Yes I have been contacting them with no results but the run around

Liquid trader...mine is an 06, but when the upgrade disc comes you're welcome to have my old one

Quote Originally Posted by rnkath08
    Liquid trader...mine is an 06, but when the upgrade disc comes you're welcome to have my old one
    Thank you very much!

Much appreciated

you'll just have to send me your snail mail info to my email....rnkathny08@aol.com
    I'll shoot it to you when the new one comes

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.