08 STS with Blue Tooth wont play music over radio
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 08 STS with Blue Tooth wont play music over radio in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Why is it that my car has blue tooth connection but it will not play music from my phone over ...
    zek4964 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 cts 68k, 07 STS-V 15K, 97 Sts 160k

08 STS with Blue Tooth wont play music over radio

Why is it that my car has blue tooth connection but it will not play music from my phone over the radio? The blue tooth works great for phone calls but I cant get it to play music over the car speakers while it is hooked to blue tooth. I know other cars have this capablity why doesnt it work? Also will the aux input in the arm rest councel play music. I see it is labeled as an input but it has red and white jacks for the right and left speaker input. I would need a cable to connect to the output of my phone then to the two inputs into the aux jack. Does anyone know how to get one? Or if it would work for a music input?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Why is it that my car has blue tooth connection but it will not play music from my phone over the radio?

The car only support the Bluetooth mono headset audio profile. It does not support A2DP or stereo audio headset profile. It is only allowed to be a calling headset.

I know other cars have this capablity why doesnt it work?

Because in their infinite wisdom back when the unit was designed stereo Bluetooth music wasn't very common and therefore decided not to implement it.

Also will the aux input in the arm rest councel play music.

Yes it will play music.

Does anyone know how to get one?

Go to radioshack and get a stereo RCA to 3.5mm phono jack (standard headphone jack) cable. Should be less than $10.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Re: 08 STS with Blue Tooth wont play music over radio

Alternatively, you can add an aftermarket module. There are some available.

thanks for the info that helps. I thought blue tooth was pretty much a main stay by 2008 but what do I know. I guess GM didnt think the phone was going to play music. DUH...

Bluetooth was common, it's just a lot of devices didn't support streaming music.

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    It was implemented in 2005 and basically the radio went unchanged all throughout production. Before knocking gm how about you tell me what other cars had built in Bluetooth in 2005?! I say way to go gm for having it standard in the STS with nav.

And chances are it was designed in late 03 and finalized in early 04 to be ready for production run in time to produce the 2005 models.

However they could very likely update the units firmware to add this additional profile but I don't see that ever happening.

eatyoursandwich is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS N*

Bluetooth wasn't able to stream music until Bluetooth SIG released 3.0+HS in April, 2009. An AMP (Alternate MAC/PHY) is needed which is hardware based so I doubt any firmware releases will make this possible. Much easier to just buy a cable or an aftermarket module.

I have Tomm's lockpick and use the aux outlet to plug my iphone into which lets me watch movies/videos/anything on my iphone on the head unit display -- even while driving. Obviously only while stuck in traffic of course..

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    It was implemented in 2005 and basically the radio went unchanged all throughout production. Before knocking gm how about you tell me what other cars had built in Bluetooth in 2005?! I say way to go gm for having it standard in the STS with nav.
    My car's year is 2008. Three years newer than an 05, Why did GM make no changes to the interier of the car while the CTS's interier was redone? At least they could have made the effort to update it a little bit even though they planned to stop production. I like my car but it just seems they gave up on making any changes to it after 2005.

eatyoursandwich is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS N*

Quote Originally Posted by zek4964 View Post
    My car's year is 2008. Three years newer than an 05, Why did GM make no changes to the interier of the car while the CTS's interier was redone? At least they could have made the effort to update it a little bit even though they planned to stop production. I like my car but it just seems they gave up on making any changes to it after 2005.
    I think you answered your own question. "At least they could have made the effort to update it a little bit even though they planned to stop production."

Think of it from GM's perspective. Why spend all the money on R&D to update or completely redesign the interior for a model that was in it's final years of production?

They probably could've taken pieces from the redesigned CTS and integrated into the STS like they did with a couple of the body panels, but it still costs $$ which I guess GM thought it wasn't worth.

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Then sell your STS and go get an xts or CTS. What more do you want.

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 118k

Yeah, these cars sure didn't have a long production run, what 5 years or so? It's too bad cause they are sexy cars, can't wait to get into mine in a couple of days
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.