How to update Navigation
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, How to update Navigation in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Good afternoon folks, I just received a new navigation disc for my 2006 Cadillac STS4 and was wondering how i ...
    06WhiteDiamond is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS4

How to update Navigation

Good afternoon folks,

I just received a new navigation disc for my 2006 Cadillac STS4 and was wondering how i can go about updating to this new disc. I tried inserting the new nav disc in the nav disc slot but the navigation screen simply reads "Please insert Map disc" even though it is already inserted. Is their some sort of process to go through for updating the maps? I have searched the forums and looked online along with reading the nagivation manual and i just can't seem to figure this out. I would really appreciate the help, below i have listed some information that may or may not help.

Current Navigation disc: Version 5.00 (GM p/n 25976806U)
    Update Nagivation disc: Version 8.00 (GM p/n 22820294)

I just checked the www.gmnavdisck.com website and the update navigation disc listed above is not compatible with my 2006 sts4, i received the disc from a friend who own an identical 2007 sts4. I thought all nav disc where compatible through the STS line up? Can anyone chime in on this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: How to update Navigation

hmmm... if the disc worked for your friend then it should work for you... are you sure his is also a 2006 not a 2007?

you could call the navdisc center and ask them for help ... sometimes they will help out (although if you didn't buy it from them they might not) but it might be worth a try
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Did some digging around on the forums and found a thread that is very interesting, it seems that in order for 2005-2006 cadillac STS's to use the 2012 navigation disc their needs to be iether a navigation firmware update or a bluetooth software update. Read through the thread below for some more information on this.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...tion-disc.html

Sounds like you need the update done ... call your dealer and ask if they have that STS nav/bluetooth update disc
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    Sounds like you need the update done ... call your dealer and ask if they have that STS nav/bluetooth update disc
    Thanks for the information Rippy, I work at Cadillac dealer and have been running around all day trying to figure out how to perform this update. Rippy are you sure this is an update disc? or just a software update that can be done with an MPI?

Well it's two update discs (actually CDs) ... not sure why since there's only about 34MB or so on each one

navdisc center apparently is no longer providing them and dealers are supposed to have got them way back when the TSB/bulletin was fresh (we got two i think)

the TSB # is 05-08-126-001

that has the info on how to update and how to get the disc and what part number it is

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    Well it's two update discs (actually CDs) ... not sure why since there's only about 34MB or so on each one

navdisc center apparently is no longer providing them and dealers are supposed to have got them way back when the TSB/bulletin was fresh (we got two i think)

the TSB # is 05-08-126-001

that has the info on how to update and how to get the disc and what part number it is
    Thanks for all the help Rippy, Called the GM navigation disc centre (1-877-628-3472) using my dealer code and had them send one out free of charge. Should be arriving tomorrow at which point i will be performing this TSB.
    I have also attached the TSB in a .pdf for future reference for guys like me.
    Attached Files

cool... i had heard that they weren't sending them out anymore... good info!

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

I knew of of many benefits of the Nav upgrade but I didn't know it was also a prerequisite to using the newer disks, It's nice to hear the upgrade is still available.

Yeah, this is the first i'm hearing of this also, but it kind of makes sense ... and stranger things have happened

Eagerly waiting for the update disc to arrive.

zek4964 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 cts 68k, 07 STS-V 15K, 97 Sts 160k

Would this apply to an 08 that was built in 07? Not sure if mine was but thought I would ask.

Quote Originally Posted by zek4964 View Post
    Would this apply to an 08 that was built in 07? Not sure if mine was but thought I would ask.
    I don't think so but you should most certainly confirm this with a dealer or somebody with a bit more knowledge.

On another note i just recieved the update disc(s) in the mail and will be performing this update on lunch, will keep you all posted on how the update went.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.