Gas Mileage for 2005-2007 STS's, both RWD & AWD - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Gas Mileage for 2005-2007 STS's, both RWD & AWD in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Smiling Jack 2006 V6 RWD, brand new Michelin Pilots, original (staggered) wheel and tire sizes, negligible wind, ...
    Budabear is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Gas Mileage for 2005-2007 STS's, both RWD & AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling Jack View Post
    2006 V6 RWD, brand new Michelin Pilots, original (staggered) wheel and tire sizes, negligible wind, 83 F outside air, A/C on, extremely level terrain, all highway, frequent overpass humps, typically 60 - 65 mph, occasionally slower, light traffic, ~3/4 full of fuel.

31.6 (per DIC)mpg on 10 mile trip to airport with only myself in the car.

30.6 mpg on return trip with 2 added passengers plus luggage.

Not bad, but not particularly impressive for the V6 considering that my '95 Seville STS N* V8 used to do about the same and was considerably quicker and also roomier.
    Definitely great mileage! I'm still torn between the V6 and V8 because both seem to do extremely well but the V8 has that punch. Lol

----------

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdriver View Post
    I have a 2007 STS V8 4.6L. It's rated about 27 Highway / 17 City. I have a long commute but it's through stop-and-go traffic more often than not. It's also our family car so we drive it around town as well. I'm averaging about 18MPG according to the readout on the display.
    18 in the city is very good for a large car.

02603sec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS 1SF Black V8 2006
    Ive driven my 1sf 4.6 back and forth from philly to chicago a dozen times. 80 mph 2600 rpm passing everyone some faster then others. 22 mpg. Around northern Bucks 19.5. The dic is very accurate on fillups and miles in left in the tank. The latter is one of my favorite features. 9.5 hours my best eta. Absolutely would not buy a caddy with a 6. Will have to go back to BMW.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdriver View Post
    I have a 2007 STS V8 4.6L. It's rated about 27 Highway / 17 City. I have a long commute but it's through stop-and-go traffic more often than not. It's also our family car so we drive it around town as well. I'm averaging about 18MPG according to the readout on the display.
    I'd call that typical. City driving in a 2-ton car sucks gas. The N* breathes great above 2k RPM, but inhales gas.

Budabear is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by 02603sec View Post
    Ive driven my 1sf 4.6 back and forth from philly to chicago a dozen times. 80 mph 2600 rpm passing everyone some faster then others. 22 mpg. Around northern Bucks 19.5. The dic is very accurate on fillups and miles in left in the tank. The latter is one of my favorite features. 9.5 hours my best eta. Absolutely would not buy a caddy with a 6. Will have to go back to BMW.
    This sounds like why I got rid of my Seville STS. Using that much gas on the highway I'd never keep it. Unfortunately I do realize now it was my fault. I have a heavy foot and believe now that I would have gotten much better mileage if I had taken it closer to the speed limit. On long distance trips I'd take it as high as my pace car and quite often that was VERY HIGH.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Given the low relative cost of these cars, I'm not concerned about mileage. A $10,000 price differential to similarly equipped cars buys a lot of gas. (Keyless entry, ACC, HUD, etc.)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.