Pac STS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Pac STS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Where do you have it installed?...
    LiquidTrader is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Pac STS

Where do you have it installed?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Re: Pac STS

If you mean the uPAC-STS, I did that myself. It's no harder than a Lockpick.

nfl43t is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS 2009

Is it compatible with the latest Ios5 and such??

hows it sound and how is the wiring on a 09 (if you know)

Im looking to get one of these just I dont know if its worth destroying the dash over.

How about the Ipod connector, any drilling involved to get the connector to stick out?

I made a small hole inside my glovebox and keep an iPod in there; it fills it.

No dash destruction necessary. Plug compatible wiring hijacks the XM interface and is controlled with the tuning knob while details are displayed on the big Nav screen. 2008 & up may be different but if PAC doesn't have one for your car, somebody else does.

Ludacrisvp is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Speaking of this.... I just got my lock pick and apparently it's made by PAC now too the nuPac STS so I assume they will play together nicely if I decide to also grab a upac-STS.
    Interesting to see the lock pick high jack the cars network and display custom messages on the odometer screen.

How's the sound quality? Is it better than using the RCA input in the console to the headphone jack on the phone? I assume that you can control the iPod or iPhone audio track via this addon unit with the steering wheel controls?

Things have changed. the Lockpick never used to display anything.

They do play well together but the Lockpick doesn't display anything. It just tricks the car and disables the Nav/Config/Bluetooth lock-outs while the car is in motion.

The new one that makes you hold the source button down for 4 seconds displays something like confirm passenger safety or something then says acknowledged. When you turn it off it says nu off. At least this is true of the 08 lockpick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    The new one that makes you hold the source button down for 4 seconds displays something like
    confirm passenger safety or something then says acknowledged. When you turn it off it says nu off. At least this is true of the 08 lockpick.

Here is a quick YouTube video showing the enable / disable / functionality of the unit.
    Note my car is not running in ON mode at this point for demo, as I was in the garage at the time and didn't want the car running.
    http://www.youtube.com/v/J4m1ojjdTco

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.