Double Din Navi installed (Avic x930bt)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Double Din Navi installed (Avic x930bt) in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Had the Pioneer x930bt installed about 2 months ago and love it. I know many people disagree because you cant ...
    cadillacboy22 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS V6

Double Din Navi installed (Avic x930bt)

Had the Pioneer x930bt installed about 2 months ago and love it. I know many people disagree because you cant change your settings etc.. but personally constantly changing settings is not necessary. Just thought I'd share to people who may feel they want to do this, not looking for criticism .Heres what I had to purchase:

Double Din Metra Dash Kit
    Axxess GMOS-13 ( A bose amplifier adapter that allows you to retain all settings, Chimes, Backup sensor and onstar)
    Double Din Head Unit

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BLACKllac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 STS

Re: Double Din Navi installed (Avic x930bt)

i like it! im going to be doing this to mine soon too. what was the total cost?

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    I think it looks totally out of place and the curve of the kit that juts out so it fit flush looks horrible.

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Fits like a saddle on a sow.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

malatu is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 AWD

Come on guys, he specifically included in his post that he didn't want any criticism! I'm thinking we are only supposed to comment if we think it's a wonderful install and looks great!
    dbrooksy25 and dbrooksy25 like this.

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

It fits like a saddle on a wonderful sow.
    malatu and malatu like this.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

I think it fits great, personal opinions may vary but all my friends thought the car was made like that. The curve may throw you off at first glance but I like it 10x better than the out of date head unit from before. Glad at least one person enjoys it though, head unit ran me about 700, dash was 35 and the axxess was 65. installation willy vary depending on where you go, shouldnt be anything over 100.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Nice to see another option. I forsee a lot of interest.

BLACKllac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 STS

and did you move the original radio to the trunk to keep all your settings?

All the setting will stay the way you last had them, so i made sure everything was exactly how I wanted it before i installed everything. I dont really see a need to change setting again, and all audio setting can be changed from the new headunit obviously. So no i didnt put the old one in my trunk.
    BLACKllac and BLACKllac like this.

malatu is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 AWD

What can you do if for some reason you loose your settings? Not sure how that might happen but you never know. Also, what can you do when it comes time to sell it or trade it in?

aliskerov is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS

what would be great for changing settings is if you took spare wiring plug for the navi and spliced them into the wiring harness. You could then run them to the side of the center stack, right behind the woodgrain or even out to the glovebox. This would take some effort, but, if you go through with it, you could plug your old navi in while your at home just to change settings without removing the new unit. I really like that someone did something different, even though I do agree that the dash kit looks a bit out of place (maker's fault, not the forum member's). Did you notice a big change in quality of sound/volume?

c32k05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS

I would think it is safe to say that you had to cut and splice the harness? or did you make a new harness for removability sake?

Quote Originally Posted by malatu View Post
    What can you do if for some reason you loose your settings? Not sure how that might happen but you never know. Also, what can you do when it comes time to sell it or trade it in?
    I still have the old headunit I would just have to take it back to the installer to get it put back in. This is actually the second headunit I had in my car so far, the first didnt work how I wanted so while waiting for a new one the factory radio was installed back in. Theres absolutely no problem doing this which is great.

Quote Originally Posted by aliskerov View Post
    what would be great for changing settings is if you took spare wiring plug for the navi and spliced them into the wiring harness. You could then run them to the side of the center stack, right behind the woodgrain or even out to the glovebox. This would take some effort, but, if you go through with it, you could plug your old navi in while your at home just to change settings without removing the new unit. I really like that someone did something different, even though I do agree that the dash kit looks a bit out of place (maker's fault, not the forum member's). Did you notice a big change in quality of sound/volume?
    That would be nice to have incase but not really a problem. Thanks for the suggestions that may be a future project. The sound quality is great probably even better in my opinion and I have a lot more control over sound settings.

Quote Originally Posted by c32k05 View Post
    I would think it is safe to say that you had to cut and splice the harness? or did you make a new harness for removability sake?
    I am assuming either a new harness was made or It plugs right up with the adapter because it took the installer less than 20 minutes to remove my old head unit and install the factory back in. If your really interested in knowing I can pop the dash out and take some pictures.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Looks weird but its nice to see that there's aftermarket options.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.