Considering 2009 3.6DI STS 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Considering 2009 3.6DI STS 4 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; anything to look out for? Ive owned a 05 cts rwd, 08 CTS AWD and Escalades. Any trouble spots on ...
    Ghost Deany is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2005 CTS

Considering 2009 3.6DI STS 4

anything to look out for? Ive owned a 05 cts rwd, 08 CTS AWD and Escalades. Any trouble spots on these? Looking at a 09 with what looks like everything but a Nav and the upgraded bose system.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE

Re: Considering 2009 3.6DI STS 4

Without the NAV/Bose you're probably looking at a relatively base package. 'Everything' would include the Heads Up Display on the windshield and Automatic Cruise Control (radar based to adjust your speed while cruise is engaged).

malatu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 AWD

I have a 2006 awd. I love it and it has performed relatively flawlessly. I thought I would be happy with a base package (no nav) because I had read on this forum that they were difficult to use and many folks didn't like them compaired to their Garmins. For I while I used that as my rational to get an sts without nav figuring I could save a buck! I eventually stumbled on the car I currently own. It had nav and it was a deal I was very, very comfortable with. Anyways, I love the nav. I'm very much glad I bought it and that have it! No regrets.

Long of the short .... make sure you get what you want, particularly if you plan on keepin the car for any period of time.

nz31tm is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS Luxury

Get in loaded so you won't have regrets. 2008 or newer. Don't settle because there are many available. I have a 2008 Light Tarnished Silver...Love it every time I drive.

Ghost Deany is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2005 CTS

Ive been looking at this particular one. There are better 08s out there, but Im set on black on black. http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...&&aff=national

Besides the nav, which i can add myself, what other options doesnt this have? The upgraded bose system and the 2 or 3 things someone else listed up there. I dont have to have everything in it, I would add nav, and HIDs but thats it. It has the heated/cooled seats, AWD and wood trim which are the few things i wanted.

I can't be bothered with "adding" what it doesn't have. Get want you want and be done with it ... just sayin'

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

The 1SC trim level is the top V6. I think after 2008 they had all options available except ACC. If true, it's sad. I love it.

Anybody have a V6 & Adaptive Cruise Control?

nz31tm is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS Luxury

Too much for that vehicle without the Navigation and Moon Roof. Should also have tires and brakes on there to last another 20k. Might keep looking

Tommy Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): None

The STS interior looks terrible without the nav. I could live without the sunroof, but not the nav. After owning a 2005 STS with the 1sg, which I really enjoyed I could never imagine owning another one without every option that I had in mine.

Harlow58 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Long of the short .... make sure you get what you want

^^^ Advice you should follow. Differently equipped STS's provide a very different driving experience.

jimmy buffet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 sts4 and 04 escalade
    I have the same car. (Chicago) 2009 sts4 black ice with the v6. It has the roof and navi but no acc. Got mine 8 months ago and paid $23,000 for it with 33k on it and the remainder of warranty. As for the car nothing major wrong and its a good car. Its for my wife and she loves it. Engine is under powered. I miss a V-8 under the hood. That's my only complaint. But wife loves it and the black ice is not black, more metallic gray but I love the color.

Well of course it's underpowered compared to a v8...... and it's underpowered compared to a v12 and a v16. How does it compare to a v6?

I have the v6 and have driven many v8. Yes, it has two less cylinders. But to suggest it's underpowered might not be quite accurate. As far as a v6 is concerned, I suggest its adequately powered. I test drove a couple of v8's and yes, they had two extra cylinders and at the top end, were noticeably different. With my driving habits, I might as well own a 4 wheel drive in Florida. I'm very happy with the power my v6 affords..... and it's not even the direct injection v6. With that said, I'm no less of a man nor did my penis just shrink because I admit to driving and liking the v6 in my sts! .... can ya say "penis" on this forum?

jimmy buffet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 sts4 and 04 escalade
    When I said under powered I mean in the torque department. As for penis size, has nothing to do with it. Some drive civics and others drive monster trucks. Whatever floats your boat. Just saying that it drives like a v6 eventhough has 305 hp. Just kind of blah after driving the car for a small period of time.

Also mpg if that matters is about 21 70% city 30% highway

----------

Sorry, noticed phone keeps spacing under powered. Don't know why

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy buffet View Post
    Sorry, noticed phone keeps spacing under powered.
    It's two words.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.