SiiusXM Renewal Increase
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, SiiusXM Renewal Increase in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; It's that time again, but even worse. I'm sure I could get better than the new standard rate of $159.39 ...
    EChas3 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

SiiusXM Renewal Increase

It's that time again, but even worse. I'm sure I could get better than the new standard rate of $159.39 plus $15.62 royalty fee but anyone know the best current XM deals?

$175.01 is more than double what it's worth. I don't listen to it as much as I used to, but it's still nice to have mostly commercial free tunes, baseball games, etc. regardless of what town I'm in.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

KRSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 3.6 DI RWD

Re: SiiusXM Renewal Increase

If you call and to cancel and are persistent about cancelling they will finally offer you six months for $25. Do NOT pay by credit card. Ask them to send you an invoice. They will charge you $2.00 but to me its worth it to not give them a cc number.

malatu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 AWD

Yes, I've done that twice now. Simple call and tell them you want to cancel your subscription. They will put you though to customer service. Then they will ask you why you want to cancel. Tell them it's cost prohibitive. They will then offer you an special. At least that's what happened with me. The only drawback is that you can only get a years worth of service at that price. I prefer to lock in at multiple years (my first subscription lasted three years). My current subscription I believe is at 8 or 9 dollars per month. For this price, it's worth it to me. I think the $10 or $11 range is my threshold where I'd go back to commercial radio. I hate commercial radio and I like the variety of stations.

mckellyb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS N*, 1SF, 123K mi.

I just happened to luck out and purchase a car with a lifetime subscription.

Woo-hoo!!!

Honestly, I listen to it more than I thought I would.

Subsailor613 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS RWD NAV F55 N*1SF

It sounds like you have the "EVERYTHING" package for that price,
    If you don't want some channels, ask for the "Mostly Music package"
    it's about $ 45.00 a Quarter,I didn't want Talk radio, just music.
    Just a thought !
    Have fun !

Thanks for the feedback! I figured deals had improved but was prepared for $89 a year. KR's $25 for 6-months is the lowest I've heard. I gotta suspect that's before the music licensing surcharge.

I've never had trouble on my credit card. I've got a quality provider and never had a contested dispute. Besides, the CVV changes with a new expiration date so XM couldn't get it approved anyway.

McKelly - Outstanding! I don't recall reading about a lifetime deal. I like XMSirius despite its shortcomings in fidelity, yack-yack, etc.

mckellyb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS N*, 1SF, 123K mi.

Well, the previous owner determined, based on the car being sold in Detroit, paperwork which he found in it after purchase, and having almost no miles on it when he bought it...'05 car bought in '08 with around 14K miles on it, and that included a trip to TX...the car may have been a GM 'giveaway' to an employee.

He said he never received a bill. It's a don't do anything to break it kinda thing.

KRSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 3.6 DI RWD

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! I figured deals had improved but was prepared for $89 a year. KR's $25 for 6-months is the lowest I've heard. I gotta suspect that's before the music licensing surcharge.

I've never had trouble on my credit card. I've got a quality provider and never had a contested dispute. Besides, the CVV changes with a new expiration date so XM couldn't get it approved anyway.

McKelly - Outstanding! I don't recall reading about a lifetime deal. I like XMSirius despite its shortcomings in fidelity, yack-yack, etc.
    Just mailed a check. $27.78 with fees and $2 invoice charge for six months service.

Thanks again! That's gotta be the 'mark'.

Tommy Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): None

I love XM! I have had it for over 8 years. When I first subscribed, I was paying $24 every 3 months, & internet radio was free. Now i'm paying $56.00 every 3 months. Since I spend most of time driving I have one radio hat I can transport from car to car, & I have the internet service. it's worth the money, but my God they have nickel & dimed their customer's to death.

XM customer service is awful. I had my radio stolen from my work van & just to switch radios was a real hassle.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.