Detrot area mechanic who knows Caddys?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Detrot area mechanic who knows Caddys? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Anyone in SE mich, know any good mechanics who can work on Caddy's???? I dont care if its out of ...
    willysmooo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS V-8 AWD ISG, Tuscany seats, per. cooling etc

Detrot area mechanic who knows Caddys?

Anyone in SE mich, know any good mechanics who can work on Caddy's???? I dont care if its out of his garage....just something more reasonable than a dealer. Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Re: Detrot area mechanic who knows Caddys?

An independant can save you money on some jobs but faces challenges on more advanced issues. There are special tools and reference materials that are expensive to buy or license. A dealer can often be more cost effective solution.

I don't work for a dealer, Cadillac or GM, so have nothing to gain. I've just read a lot of members' posts and have a little experience myself. What's wrong with your STS?

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    If you don't know how to do your own service you bought the wrong car to expect low maintaince on.

malatu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by willysmooo View Post
    Anyone in SE mich, know any good mechanics who can work on Caddy's???? I dont care if its out of his garage....just something more reasonable than a dealer. Thanks in advance
    I did that "song and dance" for years in an effort to save a buck. I don't bother now. I just buck-up and take it to the dealership.

Well, I think I have a bad front left CV....from what I can see the boots are all fine. Its pretty intermittent. Im keeping the car so the only things I have spent money on are new shocks(which wasnt dealer cost, but had dealer put them in ....mag ride, gmpartsdepartment saved me 50%) Once in a while I will hear aclicking on turns which seems right there at the wheel.... Ive had all front control arms and ball joints replaced..intermediate steering shaft....tie rods on both sides.....It almost sounds like the control arm ball joint again.....but isnt the same symptoms....an ex-gm tech told me that caddy uses the best stuff and realistically they should last a long long time....my CPO expired a little bit ago....so on a CV shaft I would rather not pay dealer.

Pjazz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS 1SG V8 RWD

If you do find a good mechanic in the area let me know my warranty expires in a few months.

The ex GM tech is awesome...and is close by me...the only problem is I have to drop the car off and it could take him 2 days to do the CV(if thats it, which after driving again I dont hear anything).....so he can do it no prob...I just dont want to be without the car for 2 days. I will try and have done lots of stuff, just cleaned my throttle body(if you do it yourself take it to the dealer for 40bucks and have the ECM reprogrammed)...did a wheel bearing, rotors,brakes...spark plugs, shift linkage....etc...There is no way im doing a CV without a hydraulic life however...no chance.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.