Big Mistake
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Big Mistake in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; BOY DID I MAKE A DUMB DECISION !!!!!! I TRADED IS A GREAT 2003 DEVILLE ON A STS !!!!!!!! GOT ...
    viking is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Big Mistake

BOY DID I MAKE A DUMB DECISION !!!!!!
    I TRADED IS A GREAT 2003 DEVILLE ON A STS !!!!!!!!
    GOT IT ON THURSDAY , GOT IT OUT OF THE GARAGE YESTERDAY GETTING RATTLES AND MISALLIGNED PANELS FIXED . THE VOICE COMMAND SYSTEM IS GARBAGE . FORGET IT . EXPECT TO GET A SORE SPOT ON YOUR RIGHT KNEE WHERE IT HITS THE CENTER CONSOLE . THERE IS NO ROOM TO STORE ANYTHING . THE NAV. SYSTEM IS SO COMPLEX THAT I DONT THINK IT WILL EVER BE USABLE ( MAYBE I AM JUST STUPID ! ) AND THE MANUAL FOR IT IS POORLY WRITTEN .
    I GUESS I FELL PREY TO ALL THE HYPE ABOUT THE CAR , AND THATS MY FAULT , BUT AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED , THIS IS THE WORST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE .

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jworkmans is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Big Mistake

Viking,

You're not the only one who's having some serious second, third, fourth and fifth thoughts about the STS. I gave up a nice SRX (5 months old) for this beastie and it's already back in the shop.

Dear Lawd what have we done?

WalkerRed is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hmm...sorry to hear you guys are having such issues. I've had my STS for 2 months now and I'm still in love with it. I will agree that the voice recognition system has much more work to be done it, but letl's face it that's not why I bought the car. That's a nice to have..which I will probably never have a need for it..but I do understand your pain. Luckily I've had no issues as of yet (knock on wood) with anything. I guess that's the price you may pay though when you buy a new design with so much technology in it. Most new cars, the first especially, always have there flaws. Most people wait till year 2 to purhcase the car. I hope you guys get your things fxied and give the STS another try!

CTScop is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by WalkerRed
    Hmm...sorry to hear you guys are having such issues. I've had my STS for 2 months now and I'm still in love with it. I will agree that the voice recognition system has much more work to be done it, but letl's face it that's not why I bought the car. That's a nice to have..which I will probably never have a need for it..but I do understand your pain. Luckily I've had no issues as of yet (knock on wood) with anything. I guess that's the price you may pay though when you buy a new design with so much technology in it. Most new cars, the first especially, always have there flaws. Most people wait till year 2 to purhcase the car. I hope you guys get your things fxied and give the STS another try!
    Exactly....why I waited for the late 2004 CTSs and will wait for the 2005-2006 STS for my next lease....Looks cool though.....

SD455TA is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Please Do Not Say It Is A Big Mistake!!!

I have an order in for a 1SG package, which is do to be shipped in December.

Hearing stories like this, causes some concern, do to the complexity of the vehicle.

Can some other owners come forward, & tell us about some positive experiences
    with GM's best sports sedan.

Thanks, Rich

PTC Sclade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Picked up my 05 STS last night. Black Raven with Cashmere. Just came back from taking it out for the first time for dinner with another couple. A fantastic automobile. The ride is terrific. In spite of being a big person (6' and 240) I do not feel cramped. I do like my Escalade but this car is something else. Have not yet tried voice recognition but everything else is coming in due time. Yes, it is complex but it able to be mastered. You just have to read the manuals over and over again and yes, they are a little more complex than the Reader's Digest but tolerable. Hope you other guys get everything up and running soon. I am in love with it already and have only had it 24 hours.

Good Running Gentlemen,

Paul

DVos is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Big Mistake WRONG

Had mine for 3 weeks now and it is the best car I've ever driven. And I've driven em all. TIGHT, QUIET and LUXURIOUS.

Read your manual to learn how to use your Voice Recognition. It is tough IF you aren't saying the right thing. Once you do it works like a charm.

There have been NO rattles, squeeks blah blah blah. Keep your order on that 1SG. THis car is the shit.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V

Re: Big Mistake WRONG

I have yet to do my "editorial test drive" of this thing, but I have to say, if the CTS was any indication, I anticipate the STS will be a wonderful vehicle in so far as the luxury and driving experience is concerned. I have nevery been a big fan of the overall design, but thats not why I want to drive it. If you cant deal with the first year bugs of a vehicle this complex, dont buy it. Mercedes has had oodles of problems with the current S Class since it came out in 2000, and its due to be replaced soon.

golfkt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR

I've had mine about 6 weeks and everyone talks about a smooth ride. I'm still looking for the smooth ride. I'd like to know where they are driving.
    Mine is close to riding like an Allero. OUCH!!!

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

I wanted to see what all the fuss was over the STS. I went to a dealer and sat in it for a long time, and then took it out on a drive - oh, about 4 miles. There was nothing wrong with it. The bucket seats felt "tight" and a little cramped, but the ride was harsh and our New Jersey roads are all a patchwork-quilt of repavement where the utility cuts them up, constantly. The STS was very harsh and delivered every pothole to the seat of the pants. I took it back and thanked them. I was honest and told the man that a smooth & comfortable ride was of upmost importance to me, and that I was going to keep my '03 Town Car ! Something in or on or under the dash, near the console was rattling as well, but only on "bumps" (of which there were many). It had alot, really alot of power, but the faster I went, the bumpier it got Regardless, I love my Town Car's satiniee smooth and ultra quiet ride.

majax is offline 32V Northstar

Well guys ya'll must admit the STS is not made to be a luxo cruzer but a high output sport sedan.

Sandy did the one you drive have the Magnetic Ride Control? Those seats are tight in order to hold you in place around the tight corners and what not.

majax is offline 32V Northstar

Viking,

I guess all I can say to you is that I feel for your pain. But I guess my advice may be to just sit down and think it through and don't get frustrated with it, thats what makes you hate it. If your like me, whenever I get something new I get frustrated with not knowing how to work it correctly and then I get pissed off and all and blame the thing(try not to). Just get the dealer to work the bugs and see if they can help you with the Nav. Just give it time, you'll like it.

Best Wishes

I don't know what options it had, that were not visable. It had Navi (which I didn't dare mess with) a Moonroof, a CD and leather and was black with grey leather. The stereo was on loud and I shut it off to hear the car, (Like Lotus owners do ).

CaddyFan2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    I wanted to see what all the fuss was over the STS. I went to a dealer and sat in it for a long time, and then took it out on a drive - oh, about 4 miles. There was nothing wrong with it. The bucket seats felt "tight" and a little cramped, but the ride was harsh and our New Jersey roads are all a patchwork-quilt of repavement where the utility cuts them up, constantly. The STS was very harsh and delivered every pothole to the seat of the pants. I took it back and thanked them. I was honest and told the man that a smooth & comfortable ride was of upmost importance to me, and that I was going to keep my '03 Town Car ! Something in or on or under the dash, near the console was rattling as well, but only on "bumps" (of which there were many). It had alot, really alot of power, but the faster I went, the bumpier it got Regardless, I love my Town Car's satiniee smooth and ultra quiet ride.
    If a Town Car is your benchmark for ride, you don't want an STS. Try a Deville - or a Buick.

The only Buick I like is the Park Avenue, but I don't like the style of it.
    I drove a deVille in 2003 for about an hour, then the Town Car, then back to the de Ville. The rest is history. I would have bought a 2004 Seville, they rode like my T.C.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.