2008 STS Premium Certified Cadillac - Worth
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 2008 STS Premium Certified Cadillac - Worth in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello STS members, I'm coming over from the Catera forum, as I have 2001 Catera Sport with 112k miles and ...
    ondale is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 Catera Sport

2008 STS Premium Certified Cadillac - Worth

Hello STS members, I'm coming over from the Catera forum, as I have 2001 Catera Sport with 112k miles and thinking it's time to move on to my next Caddy. Found a one owner, 2008 Certified STS Premium SC/1 RWD with 28k miles, 6cycl DI. Certified til April 2014. Never having owned an STS, would appreciate your expert opinion on what would be a fair price? I know from owning a Catera most owners would tell prospective owners to tread lightly and be patient, since Cadillac pretty much dis-owned the Catera.

What things should I keep in mind with a used 2008 STS. I see from reliablity ratings, the engine is an issue, something about timing belt.

Want to stay in the Cadillac Family, and would appreciate if I got a quick and concise lay of the land with STS ownership. Thank you in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Re: 2008 STS Premium Certified Cadillac - Worth

There is no timing belt. I think there are three timing chains. You're covered; I wouldn't worry about that.

Test drive differently equipped models to determine what's important to you. IMHO, try a !SG with Adaptive Cruise Control before you decide.

02603sec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS 1SF Black V8 2006
    Youll be sorry if you dont get a 1sf or 1 sg. Nav. A v8 is good..

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like 1/SC is the way to go for the V6 DI, (the Luxury Performance)

Prefer the V6 DI for gas mileage, but I think the 1/SF is for the 8 cyl and the 1/SG are for the pre-2008 models in V8. The Luxury Premium 1/SC includes the items in 1/SF and comes with the 18" wheels, performance brakes, ZF steering, lane departure and every other option. It seems it's the top of line, minus the 4AWD. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...c-1sd-1sf.html

The sticker on the vehicle I am looking at lists the following

PDQ V6 PREMIUM LUXURY COLLECTION:
    1SC 1SC LUXURY PERFORMANCE PACKAGE

The MSRP on sticker is:
    TOTAL MODEL & OPTIONS $53,420.00
    DESTINATION CHARGE $775.00
    TOTAL $54,195.00

So what Price do you think would make this 2008 STS Cadillac Certified til 2014 with 26k miles, Black/Black a good deal ?

Thanks again

Check Kelly's or the like.

1SG's were the top trim level through 2010 when the N* was discontinued. 1SC's are nice but a step down IMHO. Platinum editions got a couple of goodies but deleted available of others (more luxury than sport). You can tell my opinion by my cars.

Opinoins vary. Be happy you found yours.

EChas3, thanks, I haven't bought it yet. Also, what are the specific desirable options on a 1SG that I should look for. I can only assume the difference between the 1SG and 1SC is V8 vs V6.

1SA - Luxury V6
    1SB - Luxury Performance V6
    1SC - Premium Luxury Performance V6
    1SE - Luxury V8
    1SF - Luxury Performance V8
    1SG - Premium Luxury Performance V8

HID headlights & washers, HUD Display, adaptive cruise control, more leather & wood trim, heated wood-trimed steering, cooled tuscany leather seats, magnetic ride control, intellebeam, upgraded tires, wheels, brakes & cooling system, 18" polished wheels are some of the options included and/or only available as one climbs the ladder of trim level. In later years, Cadillac relaxed many of the prerequisites.

A dealer can print a build sheet from the VIN. Each option is represented by an RPO code. These codes can be found printed on a label on the spare tire cover. There's a website that decodes them. Anybody got the link handy?

10. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.