exhaust sound
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, exhaust sound in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I thought about getting the Gibson bolt on exhaust system but I really didn't want my cadillac to be too ...
    B1n2fra is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 1SG Cadillac sts v8 awd

exhaust sound

I thought about getting the Gibson bolt on exhaust system but I really didn't want my cadillac to be too loud. I just wanted to hear it when I put my foot in it. How would it sound if I just remove the resonator

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4

Re: exhaust sound

Then get Corsa. Period

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS
    Then get Corsa. Period
    Corsa is even louder than the Gibson IMO. I just want a smooth low grumble when the gas is pressed

STE_6000 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS 2005

i love the corsa sound since i had it installed. its anything but loud inless your laying into the gas hard.

Corsa is loud BEHIND you, Gibson is loud around you....

----------

Quote Originally Posted by B1n2fra View Post
    Corsa is even louder than the Gibson IMO. I just want a smooth low grumble when the gas is pressed
    How do you know? because of videos? have you actually been inside?

Do what you want, its your car but there is a reason why Corsa advertised RSC and NO DRONE and costs what it does while Gibson doesn't

Greg00coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 STS

I don't know about Corsa in a Cadi, mine is stock. But I have the indy series in my Corvette with headers and hi flow cats. It's basically an open system from the block to the rear bumper. It is absolutly quiet and non existant when cruising but wild at WOT. I'd think the same quiet at cruising speeds would be available for any corsa system. I know dozens of fellow corvette owners and this is their experience too.

Corsa use to have sound clips out on their website.

How would it sound with stock exhaust and no resonator just a str8 pipe or x pipe

Keep some aspirin in your car. You'll come to love the drone.

Greg00coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 STS

I don't have any drone in the corvette. The corsa comes in several sound types. I was out on their website..lots of sound samples. Lot of Cadillacs but most are Vs. Here is a link to an Escalade........ Not sure what engine is in it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpfz_...osTZ8A&lf=plcp

chazglenn3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD

I'm pretty sure that the drone he was talking about would come from removing the resonator...not installing a Corsa.

CapnCurt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS

I have Gibson on my car and don't have a drone problem and the exhaust sounds great, you should get the exhaust and leave the resonator and if you want a lower sound level. I removed the resonator with the gibson exhaust and I love it! I will post a link for you to see. http://youtu.be/FhUc4clQtzA this next video is before removing the resonator! http://youtu.be/5Pg4mwA7qME
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    Corsa is loud BEHIND you, Gibson is loud around you....

----------

How do you know? because of videos? have you actually been inside?

Do what you want, its your car but there is a reason why Corsa advertised RSC and NO DRONE and costs what it does while Gibson doesn't

----------

THe extra cost is for the name "Corsa"=600$ Plus cost of exhaust. Gibson has great hp and tq specs that you can actually feel! Drone, don't hear it, a sound that I get followed to stores and questioned about the brand of it, Gibson!

R3TRO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS

I wanted the same as you when I had my CrownVic. Had a custom cat back exhaust w/X-pipe installed with DynaMax Super Turbos. This was perfect, had just a little more rumble than stock while idling and during normal driving, and a little growl with WOT.

With the STS I'm thinking about doing an H-pipe with MagnaFlows. I miss hearing that V8, too quiet now. At my work there's this Magnum SRT8 always showing off in the parking garage... I'll show him!

maiahsdad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 STS AWD 1SG
    I e been surveying exhausts on YouTube for the STS, and the ones I've seen from Gibson sound great under acceleration, but when the RPMs come back down it sounds like a heavy popping sound like an old F150 my grandfather had. I don't like the popping sound under deceleration.

Can I put a system on that will allow tuning and won't gurgle and pop on the way down?

CapnCurt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS

what video were you looking at because I haven't seen any on a cadillac North star that pop when you decelerate mine doesn't even do that, I've seen it on sts v's with corsa. it doesn't matter about what type of exhaust you got, if you got alot of flow its going to do that. anybody know of any company that makes exhaust manifolds for the cadillac sts northstar aside from Corsa? 1200$ per header is a big dent in the pocket
    Quote Originally Posted by maiahsdad View Post
    I e been surveying exhausts on YouTube for the STS, and the ones I've seen from Gibson sound great under acceleration, but when the RPMs come back down it sounds like a heavy popping sound like an old F150 my grandfather had. I don't like the popping sound under deceleration. .

Can I put a system on that will allow tuning and won't gurgle and pop on the way down?

erichthecatt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CADILLAC STS 1SC

Has anyone heard a good sounding deep tone aftermarket muffler for the v6? Ive heard a few on the internet, but they just dont sound very good. The video clips above sound great!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.