2012 Navigation Disc - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 2012 Navigation Disc in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Yes You MUST have the bluetooth software update in order for it to work, confirm the newer software by having ...
    1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4

Re: 2012 Navigation Disc

Yes
    You MUST have the bluetooth software update in order for it to work, confirm the newer software by having suspension controls located right on the main config screen right under driver 1 and driver 2 selection

2012 Disc works fine on my 05 1SG and fathers 07 1SG both have update
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Hussmane313 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS

Hi I'm looking for a navigation Disk for my 2006 Cadillac STS for the East Coast anyone have one available ?

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

After you get enough posts to PM, send me your mailing address and I'll send you a 2010 NAVDISC set, no charge. Seveal years ago we started giving our surplus discs to fellow STS owners.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

Crystal_Pate is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    We have an 05 sts, the map disc is software version 5.0. What is the newest nav disc/software? The dealer gave us this disc so not sure how outdated we are lol

ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

2012 disc contains map data version 8.0 so it sounds like yours is a 2009 disc.

Oh ok. So from what I've read, I can use the 2012 disc correct? Also, any info on how to get them other than dealer?

eBay
    Craigslist

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Dealers aren't a good source.

http://www.gmnavdisc.com/

SHANENATAS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS
    Hello Everyone,
    Well I hope I am not out of line here, but I have a question. [TALK OF VIOLATING FEDERAL LAW REMOVED - moderator] What is your input on this idea? Thnx [GOOD WAY TO GET BANNED FROM THIS SITE - Moderator]

Shane

----------

Hey dkozloski, will an email work ? shanenatas@aol.com I would love to hear from you about some 2010 navdiscs. Thnx Shane

I personally love the idea Shane, maybe that's BC i'm in need of an updated version lol. All the dealers around here just referred me out to the gmnavdisc website which the disc is 160$..... However one user on here posted a link to craigslist where the guy was selling one for 50.

Careful. Mods here will warn you and lock the thread on discussions like this.

ian nummer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS

Quote Originally Posted by dkozloski View Post
    After you get enough posts to PM, send me your mailing address and I'll send you a 2010 NAVDISC set, no charge. Seveal years ago we started giving our surplus discs to fellow STS owners.
    Hello. Would you mind sending me the 2010 NAVDISC set as I recently purchased a 2008 STS off a used car lot and they had no disc for it. Thanks.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by dkozloski View Post
    Also, not sure where to get the firmware update, if I infact need it or how to do it. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks

MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE
    Firmware updates are a dealer-only activity. The disc is only made available to dealers.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

This forum honors copyright laws. Any dealer can upgrade your Nav firmware. I think it's about a 1 hour job.

----------

I had my Nav firmware upgraded in January 2009. Here's the level now:

Navi: 0FC15
    Soft Rel: 6-03/29(6088)
    Audio: 01.0C

Here's the procedure:

1. From the Navigation screen, press Menu.
    2. On the Nav. Menu that shows big Change Route & Memory Points soft keys, press & hold a 'hidden soft key' located above the Memory Points soft key but below the top line of the display. After 5 seconds or so, a keypad appears with a prompt to Enter Diag PIN...
    3. Enter 9448 and press 'OK'.
    4. A menu is displayed. Some options are really cool. Bill Sadler recommends being especially careful with 'Ship Mode' and 'Touch Screen' because you could corrupt something that requires a trained tech to fix.
    5. Software Info leads to the information shown above.

6. NO - THERE IS NO PLACE TO UNLOCK THE 'INMOTION' LIMITATIONS OF THE SYSTEM. But it is way cool!

Here's a link to the procedure to check your firmware with pictures:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...tructions.html

SHANENATAS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS

Hey hey now, no need to ban, my apologies. what should be a law is what a rip off the nav discs are, and the navigation system in the caddy. They are a complete joke. Gm should get together with Pioneer, or atleast make the UI a little bit more user friendly, who came up with those icons? About those discs anyway. what I really meant was it is perfectly legal to make your own back up of anything you want. You bought it you have the right to back it up. We back up all of our Wii and Xbox games. MY buddy had 3 of the same games as me and his little boy thought it would be fun to warm them up in the microwave. So he was able to obtain a back up from someone he knew. I can see what a big deal it can be though, by the way S.O.P.A. and P.I.P.A. did not pass in case you were wondering. Way too many people protested, those bills gave the government wayyy to much authority over the entire planet. What the heck were they thinking, that they were going to pass? Once again, my bad and I will watch what and how I say touchy subjects.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Pate View Post
    I personally love the idea Shane, maybe that's BC i'm in need of an updated version lol. All the dealers around here just referred me out to the gmnavdisc website which the disc is 160$..... However one user on here posted a link to craigslist where the guy was selling one for 50.
    Now see there, the guy selling them on CL is breaking the law by selling them. If I back up a copy of my 2012 version and decide to post a link to it for all my good friends, I see no harm in that. It is differant over at avic411 I guess. But alot of us chipped in to buy the new disc, or in Pioneers case SDcards. So really it was all of ours.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.