Resetting or Relearning the Wheel Hub Sensor to ECM, PCM, or TCM
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Resetting or Relearning the Wheel Hub Sensor to ECM, PCM, or TCM in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Has anybody heard of resetting / relearning the TCM, PCM, or ECM to new wheel hubs for a 05 Cadillac ...
    jkharnage is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS

Resetting or Relearning the Wheel Hub Sensor to ECM, PCM, or TCM

Has anybody heard of resetting / relearning the TCM, PCM, or ECM to new wheel hubs for a 05 Cadillac STS (w/4.6)? If so, what's the best course of action to do this? I currently have no HID lights indicating a problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

scott9001 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 sts N* 1965 coupe deville

Re: Resetting or Relearning the Wheel Hub Sensor to ECM, PCM, or TCM

so you currently have no low beams (HID) because you put new wheel hubs on i have never herd of this... you might want to find a mechanic that can do relearnign

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

What makes you think it's related?

If you don't have headlight washers, your HID's are after-market. If that's the case, ballasts go bad as often as bulbs.

My fault, I meant to say HUD (Heads up display). I finally foundmy drivetrain noise. The tires.

ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

Relating to the original question, I've never heard of such a procedure. The wheel speed sensors connect to the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM). If there was some sort of fault, you would have a message or indicator relating to ABS, traction and/or stability control. There is a relearn process relating to wheels for TPMS matching but this isn't affected unless you start moving wheels to different positions on the car. The wheel hubs are basically plug and play.

I'm just happy that it didn't cost me too much to figure it out. The rotors, pads, and brake hardware were looking bad. The passenger hub did have a grinding sound coming from it and the tires didn't have much tread left on them. After my time and money, it was a small price to pay to keep up with the maintenance.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.