STS Mesh Grill!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, STS Mesh Grill! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Look guys, E and G is already making a mesh grill for the new sts http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW...
    Caddy Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG

STS Mesh Grill!

Look guys, E and G is already making a mesh grill for the new sts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

knifeparty420 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: STS Mesh Grill!

that looks good!

harryctsv is offline Banned

hi caddy man,

yeep the mesh grill looks good on the 05 sts. hope to see soon some better pics of it.
    as I see you drive an 00 DTS, I got the same - does your engine uses as mine for 1500-2000 miles a quart of oil?

but I must say one thing, Iīm here in germany and when on the autobahn I mostly drive between 160 - 21o km ( thats 100 - 130 mph).

Itīs a really good car but one thing about I don`t like is the speed-limiter
    which allows only 210 kmh (130 mph)

Harry

Mikethegreeat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by harryctsv
    hi caddy man,

yeep the mesh grill looks good on the 05 sts. hope to see soon some better pics of it.
    as I see you drive an 00 DTS, I got the same - does your engine uses as mine for 1500-2000 miles a quart of oil?

but I must say one thing, Iīm here in germany and when on the autobahn I mostly drive between 160 - 21o km ( thats 100 - 130 mph).

Harry

I believe the STS should be able to hit 155 with the rear deck spoiler?

hi caddy man,

Harry
    Hi harryctsv. Your right the DTS is a great car, im glad you like it. Yes my engine would also use oil. The engine was made to hold 8 quarts!! Thats a lot of oil. I've heard the way the Northstar was designed, it burns oil, so don't worry its not your car, my DTS was in excellent shape and it also burned about a quart between oil changes. Ive never taken the DTS to 130 mph! What a rush that must be.

HiCaddyman,
    thanks for your answer. Before the DTS I had a 96 Concours also with the 300 hp northstar engine and this one uses allmost no oil. I mean from oil-change to oil-change I had to add not one drop.
    On my XLR (7800km) thats 4850 miles no oil use to see.
    Do you have the 3.2 or 3.6 liter CTS?
    Harry

Hi mikethegreeat
    you can believe me the new STS doesn`t need a rear spoiler to hit 158 mph.

I had opportunity to check this out!

Harry

HiCaddyman,
    thanks for your answer. Before the DTS I had a 96 Concours also with the 300 hp northstar engine and this one uses allmost no oil. I mean from oil-change to oil-change I had to add not one drop.
    On my XLR (7800km) thats 4850 miles no oil use to see.
    Do you have the 3.2 or 3.6 liter CTS?
    Harry
    i have the 3.2, my dts was totalled in an accident (i absoultly loved that car). I had the choice of either a luxury package 04 CTS with the 3.6, or an 03 CTS with the 3.2 and the luxury sport package, i picked the luxury sport over the one with the bigger engine.

hi caddy man,

I have the 3.2 ltr in the opel vectra GTS my wife drives. Itīs a good engine in a good car. the same engine as in your car!

I still got my DTS and I love this car too, mine is "dark polo green"with "oatmeal" interior, and in perfect condition.

But this one goes away when I get my 05 STS or 05 CTS V - I hope they soon come to germany.

Thanks
    Harry

hi caddy man,

I have the 3.2 ltr in the opel vectra GTS my wife drives. Itīs a good engine in a good car. the same engine as in your car!

I still got my DTS and I love this car too, mine is "dark polo green"with "oatmeal" interior, and in perfect condition.

But this one goes away when I get my 05 STS or 05 CTS V - I hope they soon come to germany.

Thanks
    Harry
    is the 3.2 liter engine a global GM engine? i kno the 3.0 liter in the old catera was, but the 3.2 is still used over there?? who builds the 3.2? Germany or the US?

60 special is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Here's a better picture.
    Attached Images

CADDY Man - Hi,

yes, the 3.2 engine in your CTS is a german engine. It was first in the Opel Omega, which was your Catera in the us. till 02 they had the 3.0 engine and when the new Opel vectra came out it went to 3.2 liters. German hp rating is 218.

60 special - nice name, I had a 91 Fleetwood 60 special with this wonderfull seats - it was a very nice car.

The pic from the STS with the V grill is fantastic. Iīll get me this grill when I buy a STS instead of the CTS-V. Still have to wait for both cars here in germany, but I hope they come soon.

thanks you guys

Harry

60 special is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

CADDY Man - Hi,

yes, the 3.2 engine in your CTS is a german engine. It was first in the Opel Omega, which was your Catera in the us. till 02 they had the 3.0 engine and when the new Opel vectra came out it went to 3.2 liters. German hp rating is 218.

60 special - nice name, I had a 91 Fleetwood 60 special with this wonderfull seats - it was a very nice car.

The pic from the STS with the V grill is fantastic. Iīll get me this grill when I buy a STS instead of the CTS-V. Still have to wait for both cars here in germany, but I hope they come soon.

thanks you guys

Harry
    Harry,

Thanks for the compliment. Being a Cadillac lover from an early age, I always thought the name was very classy.

60 special

hi 60special, I love Cadillac`s too!
    In our family here in germany we had - all brand new!
    89 Fleetwood
    90 Fleetwood
    91 Fleetwood 60 Special
    92 Eldorado 4.9
    93 Seville STS 4.6
    95 Concours 4.6
    95 Eldorado 4.6
    98 first Corvette C5 coupe
    00 DTS 4.6
    01 sec Corvette conv.
    02 thrt Corvette conv. 6 speed
    04 XLR 4.6-new northstar

I think this says all (from 95 to 2000 I had a 95 Fleetwood Brougham at
    my home in Florida)

Harry

notoriouslyKEN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2k1 STS

damn, and I am still waiting for a mesh grill for my 2001 STS. I guess the new model gets preference

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.