My STS and Me
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, My STS and Me in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Oh do I have a story for you... The snow had fallen and left ice all over the streets of ...
    Ronen911 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS V6 RWD 3.6L

My STS and Me

Oh do I have a story for you...

The snow had fallen and left ice all over the streets of Chicago...

It was a solemn night. The stars were out, there were no clouds... and best of all I felt relaxed for the first time in a while!

A friend and I went to a buddies house kickin' back brews...

We decided to take the dog for a walk...

As we walked past my Caddy I felt something was wrong...

Parked on the street I noticed my Right tail light was smashed in...

As I looked down I saw my bumper squished like and accordion =(

My right rear Quarter panel had also taken some damage...

I was in shock...

The exhaust on the car was pushed in on the right side about 6 inches...

Almost in tears I went straight to the police station filed a report for a PARKED car and a hit and run...

called Geico the next morning, took it to one of the best Auto dent and paint in the Chicagoland area...

The Adjuster comes out a week later tells me I have $4,600 dollars in damage...and I would get my deductible back from the shop...So there was some sigh of relief...

I asked the gentleman if he noticed the exhaust on the car...he had told me he had not and would go back and check it out...

Today I woke up at 9:29 in the morning.. felt like something was wrong took my cell phone put it next to my head and went back to sleep...

One hour later I received a phone call from the adjuster... "Yeah I have got some bad news for you...The extra damage on the car is another $6,000 dollars and i have to declare the car a "total wreck"

I cringed in agony... Geico is offering me around $13,000 for my 2005 Cadillac STS RWD 3.6l =(

I don't know what to buy now... All I have to say is R.I.P. baby I will always love you!

-Ronen911

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

Re: My STS and Me

cool story bro

06WhiteDiamond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS4
    Time for another sts?

MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE
    My son's car was hit twice in 3 weeks while parked on Chicago's overcrowded streets. The car now takes up space at my place in suburbia and he spends a little more time on foot and El.

So, yeah, definitely a bummer. Although you should be able to pick up a comparable replacement with that settlement.

scott9001 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 sts N* 1965 coupe deville

great time to get a northstar

Haha Not sure...I think I'm done with used cars...I think once I grow a bit older and wiser...and have an actual income (only 20) I'll be financing a new Caddy =) but for now I'm just not sure...

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

We are you located? You can buy my STS 50K miles Black on Black V8 with every single option. It could be a blessing...
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I Love my STS but I have just outgrown it and will be selling it soon as soon as I find the right buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    We are you located? You can buy my STS 50K miles Black on Black V8 with every single option. It could be a blessing...
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I Love my STS but I have just outgrown it and will be selling it soon as soon as I find the right buyer.
    Well I'm in Chicago...Is it AWD? I may know a barber might sell his fully loaded 07 N* STS 1SG for like 20K

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Quote Originally Posted by Ronen911 View Post
    Well I'm in Chicago...Is it AWD? I may know a barber might sell his fully loaded 07 N* STS 1SG for like 20K
    Yes, My 05 is AWD with every option. Original MSRP was $67k and I was thinking of trading it in and the dealer was only willing to go around $14k so I decided to hold on to it.

MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE
    Guys, please continue the car buy/sell discussion in Private Messaging or in a Classified Ad and not in the open forum.

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

Just thought I'd update some people. It seems that I somehow convinced the insurance company to total out my STS. My grandparents when they originally tried to trade it in for a new car only got an offer for 10 grand. Geico has sent me a check for $17,100 dollars -500 Deductible= $16,600 they originally wanted to only give us 13 grand for the totaled car, but we fought and threatened to sue...it was a pretty scary fiasco with the adjusters. Always trying to get every cent out of you!

Anyways I'm pretty sure I've decided to join the dark side, and go with a 2013 Mustang V6 premium MCA package ...

Maybe sometime in the future, I might pick up a new caddy, but for now those times are behind me =\..

With love,
    Ronen911

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Enjoy! Stop back for a visit sometime.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.