Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Which Package

5K views 54 replies 12 participants last post by  cadillacmike68 
#1 ·
I keep hearing about packages. 1SG, 1SE, 1SF. I have no clue what these mean, what's included in them, nor how to tell what package the car I'm seeing this morning is.

Can someone help with that? The dealer has no clue.

----------

The VIN is 1G6DC67A250164838.

#2 ·
The package will be listed on the option code label that is under the spare tire cover. For a 2005 STS4 I can almost guarantee that the car you are going to see is the top level 1SG package. The packages are 1SF Luxury Performance Package or 1SG Premium Luxury Performance Package. The differences are the 1SG adds 18" wheels, ZF steering gear, a higher performance cooling system and Tuscany leather seats to the 1SF package. Here is a good listing of features:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...gh-2012/197257-those-1sa-1sb-1sc-1sd-1sf.html

#3 ·
chazglenn3 said:
The package will be listed on the option code label that is under the spare tire cover. For a 2005 STS4 I can almost guarantee that the car you are going to see is the top level 1SG package. The packages are 1SF Luxury Performance Package or 1SG Premium Luxury Performance Package. The differences are the 1SG adds 18" wheels, ZF steering gear, a higher performance cooling system and Tuscany leather seats to the 1SF package. Here is a good listing of features:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2012/197257-those-1sa-1sb-1sc-1sd-1sf.html
I hope so. The dealer said he didn't know. I'm at the. Us station now waiting to be picked up by their shuttle. I did an Edmonds VIN check for free, and under trim it said base. That was concerning to me. Will it actually say 1SG? The tires "look" low enough profile to be 50's but can't be sure. Looks like 8 spoke or so though.

#6 ·
dkozloski said:
There are no hard and fast rules here. I have a 1SF with high performance cooling, JE5 brakes, and black Tuscany leather. It all depends on what the dealer thought he could sell.
Gotcha. Well I guess I'll look when I get there. Will it actually say 1SG, etc. on the underside of that Matt-like cardboard spare tire cover? And did U see the picture or it from the link I posted?

#9 ·
Almost all of the 2005 STS4 cars were 1SG cars...they were the absolute top of the STS line. I would be very surprised if it isn't a 1SG car. The Tuscany and Nuance leathers look almost the same. The Tuscany is softer so they aren't easy to tell apart in photos. Keep us posted!

#10 ·
1SG on the spare cover. Tuscany leather, Eucalyptus wood, 235/50R/18's on front and 245/50R/18's on back. NAV DVD is version 1 though. Think it's 2004 version it says. A little pulsation when coming to stops. Looked at rotars. A little rust from sitting. A light roaring when coming to stop. Sounds like its the 50's and that Dunlop treat. Runs good.

#52 ·
Check the stickers on the drivers doors for the correct tire size. I believe the proper rear tire size is 255/45/18 not 255/50/18.

Aren't you the one with the poor mileage as well? This will throw off your DIC, will cause extra strain on the engine /transmission and can cause a clearance issue because that tire is bigger than the OE tire size, i.e. larger overall diameter.

#19 ·
ThumperPup said:
ok so you drove 4 where all 4 at the same dealer
2 where ok wich 2 where it that where Ok
For the 05 2sg thats the one you got ?
I'm Beat i know what that means LOL
Two at RJ's were OK. One at KDK was OK, and one at KDK was one they thought they knew what they had but they didn't. That's the one I got. The 05 with 146k miles was sweet. It was base pkg. they thought the one I chose was base too. They said the mileage on each was what seperated them in price.

They have a fat, arrogant dude there named Mike that almost. Caused me to walk out. Owner's dad came out. I made them do new oil change cause I didn't see the sticker. The short, fat guy said it was new oil on the stick. No sticker... no selli me car.

So. I drove straight bck from Cleveland.

Now I gotta find a manual. I hear it's online somewhere. Can't find it.

#20 ·
Congrats on the purchase.

For a manual start here and grab the 2006 version as the '05 appears to be offline already.

http://www.cadillac.com/owners/auto-owners-manuals.html

Their is also a Yahoo managed / Cadillac approved site that had the '05 manuals, and I'll post its link as soon as I find it. GM is moving these on-line resources around on us, hopefully it's still out there...

----------

It's definitely a moving target, but it's still there.

http://www.gm.com/gmownercenter

This link will bounce around but does end up at a legit site. Register your VIN here and you should be able to get all the manuals in PDF form for your car.

#23 ·
triumph.man said:
pictures or it didn't happen
Not sure what U mean there.

Anyways, thanks! The white one had 1sf under the tire cover.

I think there's a bulb out. When I use the Remote Start, there's a VERY small needle-like light comes on. Well the drivers light is the only one that does. I don't even know what that light is for.

Next, need to find the most recent NAV CD. I think it's 09.

Finally, someone replaced the upgraded grill with this plastic one U saw. I know it because they left off the front plastic section of the engine cover, as well as left some screws missing. So now, if I blow the horn really hard, the hood ajar light comes on and it chimes.

----------

And I want another custom grill. Any suggestions on used ones?

#24 ·
Newest disc can be had cheap if you know how to do "it"

Any pictures of the grille this car has or the car itself?

The light you refer to is a 194 bulb and a monster to try and change it requires pulling the front fascia unless you have small hands or are flexible to change it through the side cover door...

#26 ·
Thanks for flowing me over here PUP! Drive by KDK and report back whether the Black Raven 1SG is still present. And the snap a pick of the vacant spot where it sat in front of the main window. Also, I'm using the mobile app and it's saying my file type is t sized correctly. Will post pics in about 4 hours.

----------

But the mobile app allowed me to update my profile pic. There's the new whip.

----------

And I wonder if there's a way to dial the phone without the car having to be stopped. . It's really unknown annoying. As well as change the navigation. There has got to be an override.

#33 ·
1BadCadSTS said:
looks like the oem grille to me

I had the OE grille upgraded to the platinum and then removed it and shelved it when i got an E&G classic mesh grille.
This one had the mesh grille. The previous owner put it in his new car one of the mechanics said. I want a mesh custom one, or another custom type aftermarket that looks cool.

Also, someone mentioned a.... "lockout" device of somekind to help with the screen locking when I take my foot off the brake. I have no clue what that is nor how to get it. And, is it costly?

#36 ·
I agree with smiling jack.

I have an '09 but if I had an '05-07 I would definitely get this grille:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-C...ies&vxp=mtr&hash=item2c61949b71#ht_2355wt_689

It gives it an upgraded but classy look. Kind of reminds me of the '08-11 grille or a DTS grille.
My thoughts, exactly,,,,,,,,,,,or it also looks similar to the ,08-12 CTS. In short, it looks like the post-07 models.

It' all question of taste, after all, come like the egg-crate look, and some like the mesh.

For me, the egg-crate style shouts, "CADILLAC."

At one time the mesh style used to resemble a Bently. Now that everybody does it, it looks like a Chrysler 300.

As you might guess, I actually preferred the 300 when it had the egg-crate grille, because -of course - it looked like a Cadillac grille.

And while I'm on the subject, I never really liked the mesh grille on the Bentley when it first appeared. I thought it looked cheap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.