Bluetooth Echo
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Bluetooth Echo in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Does anyone have people telling them they can hear their voice echo when you are using your Bluetooth? I have ...
    rdub1982 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS 3.6 1SB WDT Cashmere

Bluetooth Echo

Does anyone have people telling them they can hear their voice echo when you are using your Bluetooth?

I have people who will tell me to call them back when I get out of the car. Is there a fix for this? I am using an iPhone 4 btw.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Re: Bluetooth Echo

While on a call, turn down the volume to the lowest practical level. (The STS mic isn't selective enough to reject the sound coming from your speakers.)

Frikiton is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Yea mine does too on my blackberry, haven't checked if they hear the echo while on my iphone4 yet.

ddavis75007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Count me in on this echo problem with my T-Mobile HTC Amaze 4G.

ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

Constant problem both with my Blackberry and my iPhone4. I've got the 2010 radio. I was hoping it might be improved from the original 2008 version but no luck.

Hoosier24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS

I had so many people complain how bad it sounded the I had my wife me call me from the car. It sounds so awful i dont even use it anymore. No reason to subject customers and other people I talk to what sounds like 1980's speakerphone technology. My wife has a 4year old Ford fusion whose bluetooth phone sounds way better.

I had no problems with my previous phone, T-Mobile's HTC HD2, but the Amaze 4G sucks. I'm on my third phone due to this problem. I have also asked two different dealerships about Nav Firmware updates and they both told me to buy the latest map DVD. Technology isn't the dealership's forte!

caddyfat2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG w/ HUD-ACC

Just turn the volume down and that will solve all your feedback problems.

rdub1982 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS 3.6 1SB WDT Cashmere
    I have tried to turn the volume down and it has helped, but it didn't solve the problem. I was just wondering if there was some setting on the stereo that I could adjust. Nice to see I'm not the only one with this problem.

A new map DVD won't help. The problem is the microphone in the mirror. The technical term is inadequate rejection of background noise.

My wife & I don't have much of an issue. Short of re-wiriing a microphone above the drivers head, your only choice is to reduce the volume more.

What's the point of reducing the volume to correct the feedback to the point of not being able to hear the conversation? Also, please note that this was NOT an issue with my previous phone. So reducing the volume is nothing more than a work around and not a solution. I want a solution.

nathanjax is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 esKONali

Mine has always worked flawlessly with my iPhone 4 and 4s.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavis75007 View Post
    Also, please note that this was NOT an issue with my previous phone. So reducing the volume is nothing more than a work around and not a solution. I want a solution.
    Obviously it's your phone then and you need to talk to your carrier and not Cadillac.

I've only noticed the issue when the volume is louder than needed. My wife and I have used LG & Samsung phones without any real trouble. If you have to lower the level so much you can't hear, see if there are some phone settings related to speaker phone, microphone or etc.

If you can, try a different phone and/or a different manufacturer on your next upgrade.

I know it is the phone. I am on my third phone due this problem. I have escalated the problem with HTC (had them listen to the echo.) However, because this involves two pieces, I have also tried to discover the current release numbers for my Nav unit. It is very frustrating to ask two different dealers if there is a firmware update for my Nav unit and twice to be told to buy the Map DVD! To add more insult to injury, the Nav web site told be to go to my dealer.

This should be a very simple question, "What is the most current release numbers for a 2009 Cadillac STS Nav unit?" But I get nothing from everyone.

I remember seeing the PIN to get into the diagnostic mode on the newer Nav. Sorry I can't find it, but it is around this forum, somewhere. The old Nav PIN is 9448. The Corvette & Grand Prix use the same map DVD. The Nav units must be the same series. You might try checking their sites.

Why not just get a different manufactures phone?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.