2005 STS tail light - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 2005 STS tail light in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Can't you take the right taillight out and connect it to the connector for the left one? Then if it ...
    Cadjiek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS 2009 CTS AWD

Re: 2005 STS tail light

Can't you take the right taillight out and connect it to the connector for the left one? Then if it still doesn't work it has to be be the lamp assembly.

KRSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 3.6 DI RWD

Great diagnostic idea

perrior is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 sts

I have the same problem and I switched the drivers side with the passenger side and the brake lite still doesn't work. So I'm thinking that
    there is something wrong with the pc board inside. Does anyone know how to remove the tailight lens so I can get at the pcb and check it out and does anyone have a schematic.
    thanks in advance
    Bob

Subsailor613 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS RWD NAV F55 N*1SF

Not sure what I meant, when I wrote the above, it was a year ago....
    I think I meant when you put the emergency flashers ON, do they both blink...
    Sorry for the confusion.
    Would be interested in anyone removing the Lens to work on the PCB.
    I have ONE led out on the passenger side. thanks.
    Happy Motoring..

caddieburg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Has anyone figured out any other fix for this problem other than spending the $150-200 to replace the tail light assembly?

caddieburg, Your account is now activated. Please update your profile to reflect your correct age, Cadillac driven, location and time zone (Do you really live in London ?) Use the settings, edit profile tab. Welcome to CF.

perrior is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 sts

I read something about putting the assembly in a oven and then try to pry open the len... I didn't want to try that as there was no mention on how to reseal it so I just bit the bullet and ordered one from the local chevy dealer at a cost of $400 and some odd cents... What a rip.. I still have the old assembly in my trunk..

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

I think there's a link in the 'sticky' thread. I know some member posted a nice step-by-step write-up.

B1n2fra is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 1SG Cadillac sts v8 awd
    Which year's have the darker tail light lens and which ones have the lighter ones. I bought my car and found out it had a previous rear end accident and both of the taillights don't really match, and it bothers me to have one light one and one darker one. I wanted to buy a replacement but needed to know what year assembly to purchase.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by B1n2fra
    Which year's have the darker tail light lens and which ones have the lighter ones. I bought my car and found out it had a previous rear end accident and both of the taillights don't really match, and it bothers me to have one light one and one darker one. I wanted to buy a replacement but needed to know what year assembly to purchase.
    05-07

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.