Intake Manifold Bolts - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Intake Manifold Bolts in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So let's be extra generous here and assume that the car actually underwent the 172 point CPO inspection (2011 year ...
    ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

Re: Intake Manifold Bolts

So let's be extra generous here and assume that the car actually underwent the 172 point CPO inspection (2011 year form).

http://www.gmcertified.com/themes/de...list051811.pdf

The vacuum system and fuel system are included in "Engine Compartment" checks. To say they are checking these two systems is too vague. I'd like to know specifically what they check. There is clearly a supporting document behind this inspection form.

Call me sceptical

DitkaFan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-4 V6DI

Quote Originally Posted by ddalder View Post
    So let's be extra generous here and assume that the car actually underwent the 172 point CPO inspection (2011 year form).

http://www.gmcertified.com/themes/de...list051811.pdf

The vacuum system and fuel system are included in "Engine Compartment" checks. To say they are checking these two systems is too vague. I'd like to know specifically what they check. There is clearly a supporting document behind this inspection form.

Call me sceptical
    The more I go back and read that email the more pissed of I become... I think I am going to send a polite email back letting them know I am no longer interested in the vehicle and cross that dealer off my list of places I spend my money going forward.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i would try and talk to the service manager first ... could just be a bad service consultant
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Rippy,

sadly it was the sales person who told me this....

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

oh well that makes even more sense...

talk to the service manager
    explain your concern and see what they say

if they don't want to work with you then you've got to decide if the deal is good enough (or better than all the other options you've got) to stick with them

i can see why they would be hesitant to do this check if there's no check engine light (or codes) and the car seems to be idling and running fine
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Subsailor613 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 1SF N* RWD NAV F55

Quote Originally Posted by Subsailor613 View Post
    also at 100 in/lbs.
    Good Luck
    "I Stand Corrected", another member mentioned 100 in/Lbs, and I hung onto
    that incorrect setting, However did mine at 100, and had NO ill effects,
    but could have cracked the intake ?I believe the correct setting is 89,
    but 90 would work, as the difference is NOT noticeable

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

OK DD! <Tip o'the hat>

If I heard a salesman like that, I don't know if I'd just walk out or go find the Sales Manager to tell him what a boob he has working for him.

I'm a repeat customer. My dealer sells high quality new and used premium cars. When a buyer has a concern, they have a pad of IOU forms. I like another dealer's service department more but I do appreciate their committment to the deal.

I went by the dealer tonight and the sales manager is going to have the service dept look at it in the morning. After 3 car purchases there I didn't think I was asking too much

CTBB is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS N* 1SF

Definitely not! If they wish to sell you a 4th they should bend over backward to set your concerns aside. Honestly, how long does it take to check those bolts? Took me all of 15 min!

Glenn

STSV8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Thank you very much I just tighten my own bolts and most of them were loose. I didn't have a 1/4 inch torque wrench so I ttighten them until I felt it was enough but since we don't have harbor freight up here in Canada. Can anyone recommend me a good one that I could order online? So far the car accelerates a lot better than before. For the same throttle position I used to only accelerate to about 25 mph and now I accelerate to 40. Hopefully it'll help on the gas mileage cause driving it easily only returned me about 12 mpg.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.