i just got mine last nite
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, i just got mine last nite in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; i just picked up my 05 sts with 1se luxury package and xm radio.it feels better than i expected. i ...
    h2rizz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Wink i just got mine last nite

i just picked up my 05 sts with 1se luxury package and xm radio.it feels better than i expected. i just came out of a 2000 sls and i thought that was nice but this car goes. steers great fun factor a 9 out of ten. a little to many bells and whistles if you ask me. it will probly take a week or so to program all the functions to suit my style. its light platiun with the 4.6. well worth the wait of about seven weeks and 50k .
    ps
    the keyless entry is a little confusing at first but very user friendly once you get used to it.
    h2rizz

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

harryctsv is offline Banned

Re: i just got mine last nite

congratulation!!!!

what interior color? neutral or ebony?

ebony

thanks

do you have any pics?

usually IŽm hunting for a CTS V but GM over here in Germany can`t tell me when the V`s will be available here.

So I might buy me an STS - the export-models will arrive here dec/jan 05

IŽll think IŽll love it - had a 93 STS when the northstar engine came out
    that car was great!

Blue Chip is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Please let us know both the good and the bad about your experience. This is very important to those trying to decide what to buy and to those who already have an STS.

so far i have about 300 miles and the more i drive it the more i like it.power is great. im always tempted to push on the gas. milage with a heavy foot is over 17mpg mixed driving. im really happy i went with the caddie. my other choice was a lx430 but the more i drove one the more bored with it i became. the sts is pure fun! kemper cadillac in bridgewater nj is a great place to deal with and i dont work there or own it or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by h2rizz
    so far i have about 300 miles and the more i drive it the more i like it.power is great. im always tempted to push on the gas. milage with a heavy foot is over 17mpg mixed driving. im really happy i went with the caddie. my other choice was a lx430 but the more i drove one the more bored with it i became. the sts is pure fun! kemper cadillac in bridgewater nj is a great place to deal with and i dont work there or own it or anything.
    I also considered the LX430. It has good quality (as opposed to the junk the Germans are producing), but the styling is so boring, so dated. Also it feels and looks ponderous and too fat compared to the more edgy styling and handling of the STS. Please continue to update us on your experience. Mine is still at least several weeks away. I'm waiting on the ACC.

hi there,
    do you get your STS in "blue chip"???

diamond in the back is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I was wondering about this for the longest, how(were) do you start the STS equipped with keyless start using the key?

msheri01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Lock the car with the remote, then press and hold the top center button( it is a line that makes most of a circle, with the arrownont the rt end). Do this until the car starts.

diamond in the back is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I know about the push button start but I was wondering was there a regular turn key backup to start the car(if so where does the key go) or is the key only used to unlock the driver door if you want to use it?

congratulation!!!

On my XLR here in germany I got the pushbutton start too and I really love it now!

To your question: the key is when your transmitter battery dont work anymore you can unlook it with this key. the look is (on my XLR) on the left side of my back bumber. its a square about 2 by 2 inches you have to flip out than you can unlock the car. IŽll tried it and it works!!!!

Now I dont know where the look is on the new STS but I think at should be on the same place as on my XLR.

Take a look at your back - or maybe front bumber and look for a square as I discribbed. Thats it.

have fun with your new STS

Harry

msheri01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by diamond in the back
    I know about the push button start but I was wondering was there a regular turn key backup to start the car(if so where does the key go) or is the key only used to unlock the driver door if you want to use it?
    Key is to unlock. In the event the remote goes dead, there is a slot in the console compartment to slip the remote in. This will allow the car to start and run, until you can have the remote battery replaced. This is the same system the XLR uses.

Quote Originally Posted by diamond in the back
    RTFM

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.