MORE STS SPY PICS! Art and Science be damned!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, MORE STS SPY PICS! Art and Science be damned! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Clicky! Whoa people. Haven't seen these anywhere else, thought I'd throw them down. Looks as though the art and science ...
    banstyle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

MORE STS SPY PICS! Art and Science be damned!

Clicky!

Whoa people. Haven't seen these anywhere else, thought I'd throw them down. Looks as though the art and science will be here, but... it... might... look.. good....

I have the photocopy pic and these, and the front and back look different. Notice the photocopy has the taillights with a slight protrusion, yet the protrusion doesn't show in the newer spy photos. Also, you'll note that the body IS bigger than a CTS.

Good possibilities here...

I'm thinking it's gonna have some of the look of the newer STS + some A&S, but not much. Either way.. I'M DROOLING WITH ANTICIPATION.

Oh! I forgot to mention! I took a look at the other pics, and being an avid photographer / digital publications guy-

1. The R&T is a total computer dupe. The wheels are from the 16, the rest is 16 + CTS + a little blending. You'll note the windshield has been darkened, and the grill has rainbow artifacting from a shitty resample job.
    2. The photocopy was an artists rendition or a computer generated pic. You can see that the reflections and lighting in the pic are completely different - the car has a downward shadow, yet the major light source is coming from an angle - usually found in artist's rendtions to make the picture look better.

Either way, I think that the photocopy spy pic may be VERY close to what the car will look like- the shape is very similar.

Ok, end of my $.02

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: MORE STS SPY PICS! Art and Science be damned!

Very nice..... So the R/T is completely bogus...... It seems weird that they would put bogus pictures in there.....

the Sandman is offline ...Reloaded
    Automobile(s): '05 XLR
    I don't think the R&T photo is completely bogus. It says in the magazine that it is a computer enhanced image - no subterfuge there. It could still be a reasonably true representation depending on where they got their information and photo.

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers
    You can find a thread about these pictures here as well:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...8&page=2&pp=20

banstyle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: MORE STS SPY PICS! Art and Science be damned!

I'm leaning more towards the R/T pic being some sort of reinterpretation. When I get photoshop reinstalled on my work machine here tonight, I'll point out exactly what they did- However.. judging from the shape that's under these new spy pics.. R/T may be closer than we think- but I don't think the car is going to have as much style from the 16 as everyone thinks. The Sixteen seems to be a product that will have its own style to it, so I wouldn't be cutting any parts of that to make the new Seville. If anything, I think it will be CTS / Imaj Concept influenced, with a touch of late model Seville.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.