STS Production YTD
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, STS Production YTD in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hard to believe that 10,118 STSs have already been produced. Where are they? I haven't seen any on the road, ...
    b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

STS Production YTD

Hard to believe that 10,118 STSs have already been produced.

Where are they?

I haven't seen any on the road, just on the lots.

Maybe we will see incentives on them like we did on the SRX.
    CTS continues to break all sales records.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

b4z

Re: STS Production YTD

11,037 STSs built as of 10/23.

This may be why we are seeing dealer's selling at $500 over invoice.

Definitely not the interest that we say with the CTS.

SRX and STS have not had the interest, and the MSRP may be a 3-4% higher
    than they should have started at.

GM_Guy22 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I think you are jumping the gun a little bit.

SD455TA is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Anyone know how many 1SG packages have been made.

Finding one is very difficult now.

Rich

60 special is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Question Re: STS Production YTD

GM brass felt that the original body lines on the '05 STS were to aggressive, so they softened them so much that in took all the character away from the body. You can walk right by a STS and never look twice unless you know Cadillacs.

With the CTS, you couldn't walk by the car without looking at it. It made a bold statement. Some people, obviously a minority, thought it was to strong. But sales have shown that Cadillac hit a home run with the CTS. I'm afraid the STS is so generic it isn't going to generate any buzz.

The STS is a tremendous car. But if you can't get people to look at it, how are you going to get them to drive it?

Blue Chip is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by 60 special
    GM brass felt that the original body lines on the '05 STS were to aggressive, so they softened them so much that in took all the character away from the body. You can walk right by a STS and never look twice unless you know Cadillacs.

With the CTS, you couldn't walk by the car without looking at it. It made a bold statement. Some people, obviously a minority, thought it was to strong. But sales have shown that Cadillac hit a home run with the CTS. I'm afraid the STS is so generic it isn't going to generate any buzz.

The STS is a tremendous car. But if you can't get people to look at it, how are you going to get them to drive it?
    IMO there are only three cars that don't look generic or hopelessly retro - the CTS, the STS and the XLR. They are the only fresh styles. Everything else (even though one may like it) is just a modification of earlier models.

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by 60 special

I've read similar stories. Once I read that Mr. Lutz actually stopped development of the STS and sent it back to the studio, delaying it 6 months. This may be a subject for another thread, but I feel that Mr. Lutz's PRESENCE has been very good for GM. But, the actual EFFECT is so far muted. The STS is a great car, yes. I'd love to have one and may well get one. But I would love to have seen the originally approved STS design. And remember, he is on record as hating the CTS design (something he may have already retracted). The success of the CTS though, shows that a large piece of the population disagreee with him! Look at the Buick LaCrosse. It's nice, but not great. Reportedly it is the first project that has come to market fully under his supervision. The market will, of course, have its say, but I see no threat to the 300, the Camry, or Accord from the LaCrosse.

60 special is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by megeebee
    I've read similar stories. Once I read that Mr. Lutz actually stopped development of the STS and sent it back to the studio, delaying it 6 months. This may be a subject for another thread, but I feel that Mr. Lutz's PRESENCE has been very good for GM. But, the actual EFFECT is so far muted. The STS is a great car, yes. I'd love to have one and may well get one. But I would love to have seen the originally approved STS design. And remember, he is on record as hating the CTS design (something he may have already retracted). The success of the CTS though, shows that a large piece of the population disagreee with him! Look at the Buick LaCrosse. It's nice, but not great. Reportedly it is the first project that has come to market fully under his supervision. The market will, of course, have its say, but I see no threat to the 300, the Camry, or Accord from the LaCrosse.
    I have to agree with you on the LaCrosse. It's a compentent car, but nothing that's going to draw buyers away from other manufacturers. The same holds true for the new Ford 500/Mercury Montego. Solid well built cars, but devoid of any personality. I also wish I had seen what the original STS was going to look like before Mr. Lutz sent it back to the design group. Bob Lutz was quoted at the recent Paris auto show that he never would have approved the design of the new Chrysler 300. Well, Chrysler sold more 300's in the first 4 months of release than they predicted for the whole model year! Obviously the public was drawn to the car with the majority liking its appearance. In most major markets availability of the 300 is still very limited and you have to often wait months to get the Hemi version equipped the way you want it. Lastly, Mr. Brengle who redesigned the BMW 7 series 2 years ago was ridiculed for the high trunk line on the car. However it was and is very distinctive and draws your attention to the car. Isn't that the starting point when a new vehicle is proposed. When you try to design a car for everyone, you design it for no one.

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

...Amen, my friend. I recently read that Trevor Creed, chief of design for DaimlerChrysler had suggested, after hearing of Mr. Lutz' comments on the 300, that perhaps reality had passed him (Mr. Lutz) by. I'm paraphrazing of course, I don't remember the exact quote. Evidently Mr. Creed was very polite yet firm in his comments.
    Bringing Mr. Lutz on at GM was a master stroke. He was charged with changing the WAY product is designed and approved for production. "Let the designers' design", and this he has done. I'm all for that. But when the personal taste of any one individual starts to dictate appearance, things have gone too far.

b4z

To get this thread back on track:

As of 10/29 12,098 STSs produced.

About a 1,000 per week.

SRX production is down to about 6XX a week.

Cadillac is ahead 35,000 units over last year YTD.

Cadillac has produced almost 100,000 more cars YTD than Lincoln!!

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

The only error I think Caddy made was the name SEVILLE is a strong name, in Cadillac's heritage for many many decades, and I think they should have retained the SEVILLE nameplate, rather than STS. Average car buyers have no clue what STS stands for, but recognize SEVILLE instantly, as the top drawer Cadillac. All the initials CTS, STS, EXT and others are mixing up the buyer. Why do youy think Toyota has kept CAMRY and Corolla thru so many many designs? Ditto Chrysler with the 300 and Honda Accord and Buick Park Avenue and even Chevrolet Impala. Instant awareness.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.