Stopped By Local Dealer to see STS - Had One w 20''
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Stopped By Local Dealer to see STS - Had One w 20'' in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I stopped by the local Cadillac Dealer near my job to check out the new sts. Front and center they ...
    lowscola is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS

Cool Stopped By Local Dealer to see STS - Had One w 20''

I stopped by the local Cadillac Dealer near my job to check out the new sts. Front and center they had this burgudy piece for 48k - the sticker did not inclue the 20's though - thats how they get you...

My DeVille is playing an extra in this snapshot - right center

Might as well give the XLR some shine...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

M STaR 013 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Stopped By Local Dealer to see STS - Had One w 20''

man! that sure looks nice! great pix!

60 special is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Sharp looking wheels, I wonder if they improve the handling of the STS?

Martialartsguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Man that STS looks sweet but are u sure those are 20" on that? I have 20" on my 00 Deville and they look much bigger then those on the STS. To me they look like 18 maybe 19's. Nevertheless they look good.
    Attached Images

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

I like your de Ville far better than that STS's wedgy razor-blade design. It looks like it's going downhill, all the time. The front kissing the ground and the @$$ sky high in the air. I cannot warm up to that "style" - your deVille is sweet!!!

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I like this thread. You guys have great looking Devilles. And it's nice to see the "Art & Science"-design Cadillacs available in numbers. It was a master stroke and it's paying off.

STS 310 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS

Those look like 19's. Dont like the design. Too ricey.

Now that Deville is PHAT!!

RERM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thumbs up Re: Stopped By Local Dealer to see STS - Had One w 20''

That Deville looks sweeeeet!!! what kind of rims????

I'm positive they were 20's. I paid special attention because as I was reading the sticker, I noticed they didn't update the wheels as it still had them listed as 17''...that caused me to do a double take and look closer.

Nice DeVille Martialartsguy...some 20's would definitley set my DHS off

WalkerRed is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Angry Re: Stopped By Local Dealer to see STS - Had One w 20''

Yeah..I saw that same Red STS....it's up at Capital Cadillac. They are some jokers up there though. Those 20's are made by American Racing wheels, which are really not all that great too me. The guy tried to sell me one up there and swamp out the stocks for those 20's. I asked him how much he wanted and he told me 3k. I almost smacked him! You can get those w tires for $1700! I promptly left there and went to another dealership. I was in the market for a 2005 STS with the 1SC package (Premium Luxary Package) for the v6. They told me a bunch on junk, saying no one had one around, cuz the factory were not making them now. I just listened to all the junk this guy was talking and it just kept getting worse. I called a few dealerships in the area and there were plenty around, just not money color options. The other dealers only had one or two, but they did have some. Gotta watch these cheezy dealers, they will rape you if they can. Picked my new Black Raven up today and all the way home I had heads spinning! Now all I have to do is find some decent wheels..that are worth the 3k!

Congats Walker on the new STS. Those sales people wil tell you anything, half of them don't even know about cars in general let alone wheels. I know that STS in nice though. If your from DC you might as well go ahead and premiere it at Howard's Homecoming. I know I'll have my DeVille clean for tomorrow at Morgan's and I'll probably swing down to DC next weekend too.

cguthrie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Guys,

I bought my STS used from Phil Lark at Capitol Cadillac a couple years ago, and he was a terrific sales professional. This guy had been selling Cadillacs for at least 25 years, and I would definitely purchase from him again.

After the transaction, he actually spent the time to review ALL the memory features, and all the fun electronics stuff that 99% of all Caddy owners probably don't even realize they have. I still enjoy my wheel auto tilting up on exit and my right mirror focusing to the curb in reverse!

I was in and out in less than an hour, including the time for flipping tires around to minimize the vibration that we all know about.

I would go back to him in a heartbeat if he's still there.

Chris
    99STS 99k

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.