End of the line/end of an era RIP
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, End of the line/end of an era RIP in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; General Motors has quietly phased out production of the Cadillac STS. The last sedan drove off the Lansing Grand River ...
    KRSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 3.6 DI RWD

End of the line/end of an era RIP

General Motors has quietly phased out production of the Cadillac STS. The last sedan drove off the Lansing Grand River assembly line last week.

The ending of STS production will not result in any layoffs, however, as all workers will retain the same hours and will continue to build the CTS. The STS and the high performance STS-V have been made at the factory since August 2004. Since then, 125,000 STSes have been produced.

Next year workers will begin production of a new small Cadillac says brand spokesperson Jordana Strosberg. GM officials call the new car the "alpha platform," but it will reportedly be called the ATS when it hits dealers.

Replacing both the STS and DTS in Caddy's lineup is a new full sized luxury sedan based on the XTS Concept, although official production of this car has yet to be confirmed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

chazglenn3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD

Re: End of the line/end of an era RIP

KRSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 3.6 DI RWD

Sorry - My bad

EChas3 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Once upon a time, 2 gearheads saw what a guy named Miller was doing with an I4 OHC marine engine. The 4-liter Meyer/Drake DOHC ruled Indy until Offenhauser improved the airflow even more. An engine is an air pump. He who flows, goes.

I love my STS. I wouldn't be surprised if I replace my 2006 with a '09 or '10 1SG. I'm never buying new again. But I prefer V-8's. If I compromise there, the field is wide open. I may as well look for a 400HP 4-liter-I4. Today's 'materials science' and 'forced induction' makes it easier than ever to isolate the powerplant from the driver while prodicing serious power. It sure is a shame that an elegant V8 design is once again discarded.

It is also a shame that GM went to market with more high-tech than they had ready for primetime. Mercedes did the same thing a few years earlier, but their brand image sustained their failures. The STS is still an outstanding car. Alas...

turnne is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS

You can expect the values of the 2005+ cars to now drop even faster

Wait a few months and I am certain you will see the impact....add to this when the new "replacement" rolls into the showrooms
    As I said to the salesman as I was trading in my 02...my expectation is that the newer cars will hold value no better than the older body style
    A fact that has been now proven to be the case

Especially now when you are seeing many 05's for less than $10K

...and to think I read that used car values were on the rise.....just for some models apparently

Warren

chazglenn3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD

I so hope that this is true. I have grand plans to acquire a 2008 or 2009 STS-V in a couple of years.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.