Some have absolutely NO business sense
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Some have absolutely NO business sense in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I called my wife, today, to have her call the place, Autonet in D/FW, from which I'm supposed to be ...
    mckellyb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS N*, 1SF, 123K mi.

Angry Some have absolutely NO business sense

I called my wife, today, to have her call the place, Autonet in D/FW, from which I'm supposed to be getting the '05 STS 1SG, tomorrow, and these people may be positively incapable of telling the truth.

First, when I put down a deposit to hold it, 'cause the banks were closed, one of the two owners said, after I asked if it would be driven any more, he said, "no, we take them off the road and store them inside". This wasn't the "salesman"/co-owner who I spoke to, originally, 'cause he'd left seconds after we did. I literally drove around the block, thought, "yeah, it's worth the risk", and went back.

Today, the other business owner states, quite clearly, it's his car, says he's been driving it, but put only about a hundred miles on it. I'd put money on him not having covered parking, much less a garage in which to put it. It's hail season here in Texas...

Now I'm downright annoyed.

My wife then asks if it'll be clean and ready-to-go, tomorrow. Bonehead, I mean, the "owner", I mean the salesman...the supposed business owner says, "it was detailed when we got it". Yeah, doofus, a freakin' month ago, when you started using it as a DD. With all the personal crap in the trunk, it looked like you were living in it.

Idiot, at best, your company owns it, not you. There is a significant difference.

Gawd...is this the new standard business model? I thought times were bad enough idiots would have been removed quickly and cleanly from the business genetic pool.

end

Sorry, just had to vent after encountering so much idiocy. I'm still excited it may be mine, tomorrow, but I'm also beginning to think they're going to make life difficult, and try to keep my deposit if I find damage/problems which weren't there last weekend. We'll not mention, yet, they claimed, with a straight-face, it has a "clean" title, when in fact, it's anything but with LEMON BUYBACK on it.

Morons...see you in court, should you attempt additional shennanigans.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Greg00coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 STS

Re: Some have absolutely NO business sense

from your original post I'd suggest you got a good enough deal to swallow and move on.......enjoy!!!

caddyfat2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG w/ HUD-ACC

no deal is a good deal if you get screwed in the process!
    ( i would request my money back and look for another one)

Quote Originally Posted by caddyfat2 View Post
    no deal is a good deal if you get screwed in the process!
    ( i would request my money back and look for another one)
    True. However, I'm looking @ a $15K car, for likely 'round
    $9,300. My upper limit, knowing what I know about it has
    dropped.

I've been looking around, and the only other one in the past
    coupla months had a freakin' salvage title and a fake convertible
    but they wanted around $13K.

One problem is, my current ride is past tired. I think the only way
    This STS doesn't pan out for me is if I find additional badness
    when I roll around under it, on a creeper.

chazglenn3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD

I'm with you. That car would be very hard for me to pass up for less than $10K...especially less than $9,500. Unless you find something very wrong like you mentioned.

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

I think you need to realize you're buying a 2005 STS with over 100k miles for $9500 here. NNot exactly some type of expensive, rare, or new car. Need I remind you that $9500 will get you a nice 2009 cobalt....

chazglenn3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD

You couldn't give me a Cobalt.

Quote Originally Posted by 550HP STSV View Post
    Need I remind you that $9500 will get you a nice 2009 cobalt....
    Oxymoron.

Also, $10K, after taxes, ain't exactly pocket change for most, if not all, of us.

I could, in theory, buy a brand-new car, but that's a painful concept. Even a new $30K car...for me, there are no appealing ones. I've looked.

Your argument does not hold water.

I'm addressing the fact the "dealer" has lied on multiple points. Douchebaggery is the flavor, erk, of the day.

I still plan to go over there in the AM. Homeboy doesn't arrive 'till 10, which is good, being as I'm still in Raleigh, NC, headed to D/FW, and our place is a solid hour from the 'port.

KRSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 3.6 DI RWD

Used car dealers are all liars

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Buy/sell used cars is a game like the old horse traders used to play. Getting one over on the other party is part of the thrill of the chase. If the stakes of the game are too high for you, you can buy yourself a half-pint of whiskey and stay in the wagon yard.
    550HP STSV and 550HP STSV like this.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

KRSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 3.6 DI RWD

I love to play the game. The key is to not get emotionally involved or you will lose

Having sold new cars for a short time back in the early-90's, while in college, I love the fact I can get as much info as they can, and more than they obviously have, now.

Dealers prey on lack of consumer knowledge, and they're not bashful about it. It's a downright disgusting business. I did okay in my three months of new-car sales, but I couldn't live with myself, knowing these people were getting downright ripped off.

Anyone who says "car dealers don't work like that, anymore", is likely a character in the real-life version of <i>Call Me Fitz</i>.

A funny show, BTW, especially if you've been in the biz, and were sickened by it.

I figure, I'll go in, offer $7,700, when they laugh, I'll ask for a counter...when they come back with $9800 from $10K, I'll go up to 7,900, and we'll play until I'm increasing a dollar at a time. Mind you, they still claim to not have a title, but ran a Carfax on it, so they know about the Buyback problem, but also claim they MUST FIX IT.

Sigh. Dealing with idiots is, if nothing else, entertaining...to a point.

Last time I was at a used car dealer, for a '96 Grand Cherokee 5.9L, the number they came back with was $4K more than the "internet price", and was a "moving price", which was no longer valid. I countered with an offer lower than my original, which was still close to their original "moving price" and threw them for a loop. Made me smile, though.

Morons.

"But we go through these cars with a fine-toothed comb, looking for all problems...we spend $500-$1000 on each of them!"

Yeah...then why does this one have both a burned out parking light, as indicated by the obvious in-car warning display, and a burned-out headlight?

As I thought...lying morons.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

If you want to play, 20 dollar bills stack up bigger than 50's or hundred's. 50 Franklin's + 50 Grant's + 50 Jackson's = $8,500. Cash is impressive. A growing stack and the willingness to walk away speaks volumes. My wife doesn't use cash to strike a good deal when buying a car; she just looks good walking away...

On the other hand, if the price is right and you want the car, How much would it really cost you to have it 'portered'. Around here, it's less than $100. Is it worth a few bucks or an <censored>'s attitude to lose the deal?
    onlyuscars and onlyuscars like this.

turnne is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS

Quote Originally Posted by mckellyb View Post
    Oxymoron.

Also, $10K, after taxes, ain't exactly pocket change for most, if not all, of us.

I could, in theory, buy a brand-new car, but that's a painful concept. Even a new $30K car...for me, there are no appealing ones. I've looked.

Your argument does not hold water.

I'm addressing the fact the "dealer" has lied on multiple points. Douchebaggery is the flavor, erk, of the day.

I still plan to go over there in the AM. Homeboy doesn't arrive 'till 10, which is good, being as I'm still in Raleigh, NC, headed to D/FW, and our place is a solid hour from the 'port.
    Oxymoron?..really?

whether the 10K( plus taxes) is pocket change for any( or all) in this forum has nothing to do with with what the car is worth

That being said...if you feel you are getting a below market deal...then take it for what its worth and pay $80 to get it detailed

If you are not..you can find another car..likely at a Cadillac dealer where you can pay full retail and have all of the things this seller is deficient in

Rule Number one of buying any car

Have the right expectations for what you are paying

Warren

"Nice 2009 Cobalt"

Oxy. Moron.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.