Some have absolutely NO business sense - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Some have absolutely NO business sense in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by turnne Oxymoron?..really? whether the 10K( plus taxes) is pocket change for any( or all) in this forum ...
    550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

Re: Some have absolutely NO business sense

Quote Originally Posted by turnne View Post
    Oxymoron?..really?

whether the 10K( plus taxes) is pocket change for any( or all) in this forum has nothing to do with with what the car is worth

That being said...if you feel you are getting a below market deal...then take it for what its worth and pay $80 to get it detailed

If you are not..you can find another car..likely at a Cadillac dealer where you can pay full retail and have all of the things this seller is deficient in

Rule Number one of buying any car

Have the right expectations for what you are paying

Warren
    This is the point I was trying to get across. Generally when you are bottom dollar shopping a car, the customer service is lacking. Likewise, if you are looking for the best service: go to a Cadillac dealership. Not only will you pay top dollar, but you will get your shoes shined, a free lunch, knowledgeable sales staff, and even a free GPS or trip to florida with your over inflated purchase.

Realize you are paying below book for a highly used 7 year old car.

mckellyb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS N*, 1SF, 122K mi.

No, no, no. I'm not expecting, and don't want, to have lunch, be fawned over, or any crap like that. All I want is for PROMISES MADE TO BE UPHELD.

It's not that difficult. If there is a reasonable chance it cannot be upheld, don't make the promise. Quite simple.

The detailing bit bothered my wife more than I, 'cause she saw the trunk, which looked like a footlocker of crap. Hell, the last car, after I had it "professionally" cleaned, I spent three more hours going through and cleaning it well.

I'm far from a neat/clean freak, but I want all of the "previous owner(s)" out of it.

turnne is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS

Quote Originally Posted by mckellyb View Post
    No, no, no. I'm not expecting, and don't want, to have lunch, be fawned over, or any crap like that. All I want is for PROMISES MADE TO BE UPHELD.
    It sounds like you have retail price expectations

whatever they say is somewhat beside the point...as I think you need to walk into the deal expecting below "retail" levels of service...whatever that may be in the particular situation

If you get "retail treatment" from a situation that involves far below a retail price..I say you are a lucky person and not to become accustomed to that situation

You need to understand that in these transactions the word "subjective" takes on a new meaning......what you think is clean and what was promised typically takes another angle( in their eyes) with these types of deals

While at a retail price sale you find that your expectations( definitions) of these words are much closer together

Understand what you can and what you will not put up with based on the pricing etc and take it from there

IMO...the best , car dealer wise, situations have been from Mercedes Benz dealers..I have owned 3 MB's and when I lived in Dallas I thought Park Place motorcars were the best I have ever seen

I still believe that to this day...as your car was cleaned and vacuumed at every service visit. You were given appt times..greeted at the service drive by a valet, typically by name
    if your car wasn't going to be ready by the time they told you..they called you with an apology, before hand
    State of the art waiting room with a business center for the busy corporate professional

BUT...open your wallet...as they charged full retail for everything..frankly, retail and likely then some

So....the moral of the story
    Don't have the wrong expectations for what you are paying...

Warren

turnne is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS

Quote Originally Posted by mckellyb View Post
    "Nice 2009 Cobalt"

Oxy. Moron.
    100% subjective

Someone could say the same thing about the 7 year old STS you are looking at buying

Warren
    550HP STSV and 550HP STSV like this.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

^^^ You gotta expect to pay to get the best. Not that many people think it's worth it. That says more about people than about dealers.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.