BMW 528 >> Seville STS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, BMW 528 >> Seville STS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello Cadillac people, I drive 528i -96 and am fascinated about -95 Seville STS. What do you say, should I ...
    vpmi is offline Cadillac Owners Member

BMW 528 >> Seville STS

Hello Cadillac people,

I drive 528i -96 and am fascinated about -95 Seville STS.
    What do you say, should I trade my beemer ?
    What in general should I check on this STS before the purchase ?
    Any known problems, things to know ... something ?
    Caddy has 141000 km (about 90000 miles) in odometer. Much or little ??
    What would be the best argument to convince my wife ?
    Here in Finland gas is about 1 euro/liter and she surely will go bananas..

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Re: BMW 528 >> Seville STS

Electrical/Mechanical/Suspension problems - if there are any and being your so far from the US this will be expensive to repair. Normal shockabsorber replacement is expensive and is worth going to a "Non-Adaptive" shockabsorber - search the regular seville threads about this. Electrical/Mechanical/Suspension system problems can also happen on your BMW so its almost one in the same.

Engine - Headgaskets ; Northstar's also need to be Timeserted (new headbolts and rethreading of heads). Hard to repair being FWD.

Cooling: Overheating sometimes due to headgasket. Waterpump.

If you have green coolant then you'll need to add a "Bars Leaks Coolant Supplement" additive or simmular into the lower coolant hose, to keep the system from leaking and also healthy. If you have red/orange coolant then no.

Some of the problems ive listed dont always happen, but it can be an issue.

Fuel consumtion, a lil higher but not as much as you'd think for a high performance V8- Example using US prices: $1390 a year for the 528i $1539 a year for the STS. Meaning fuel consumption rates are simmular and not off by much for both.

Millage: Thats pretty good for the year.

Suggestions for wife: 300hp V8 for about the same cost for fuel as the BMW, a Unique American automobile with Unique looks. A nice ride. A Northstar DOHC V8! Its just as, and even more advanced (than your 528) with the addition of adaptive suspension to keep things smooth.

For further referance, use this section of Cadillac forums for the Seville : http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...isplay.php?f=4

ben72227 is offline Banned

Re: BMW 528 >> Seville STS

You're in Finland? You should check out the legendary Cadillac Club of Finland then:

http://www.car-nection.com/ccof/caddy.htm

Back to topic, i wouldn't go for a Cadillac if i lived in Finland, mainly because it will be expensive to repair since Cadillac is an "import" in Finland,wheras while BMW is ALSO an import, its still from the same continent....

But if you can find some support from the cadillac club of finland, id say go for it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.