I've gone and done it, now.... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, I've gone and done it, now.... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by turnne what do you mean by configuration ...?... as for the bland colors.most luxury cars...I guess I ...
    mckellyb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS N*, 1SF, 123K mi.

Re: I've gone and done it, now....

Quote Originally Posted by turnne View Post
    what do you mean by configuration ...?...
    as for the bland colors.most luxury cars...I guess I should say all...come in about the gamut of colors

Warren
    An addendum to my previous reply.

My car is one of 12 configured in the manner it is. There were fewer than 5K 1SG option group cars manufactured. Also, it's only one of less than 2K built w/the 3.42 rear-end ratio.

I'd say one of less than 2K is uncommon, relatively-speaking.

turnne is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS

relatively speaking would also include the total number of cars sold as well

Its not these were ever sold in Honda Accord/Toyota Camry type volumes

If you look at 1SG cars...there are rarer after 2007
    You can always find 05 and 06's 1SG cars for sale...and typically high mileage examples of and showing visible signs of wear...both things I would concentrate on more than the cars rear end ratio

what might make it really a gem( and rare) is say some mileage below 30K for an 05 car

When I was looking there were two 05 1SG AWD's on my local Cadillac dealer's lot..one blk/blk and one white diamond/black

I bought the white diamond one

Warren

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

F55 (variable realtime damping chassis) shocks are kind of expensive, but not that expensive

Fronts (left & right are the same part number)
    List price: $667.28
    Forum discount: $457 (each)

Rears
    LH #89060191 $933.22 (list) - $400 (discount) [clearance item - special price]
    RH #89060192 $885.04 (list) - $532 (discount)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    F55 (variable realtime damping chassis) shocks are kind of expensive, but not that expensive

Fronts (left & right are the same part number)
    List price: $667.28
    Forum discount: $457 (each)

Rears
    LH #89060191 $933.22 (list) - $400 (discount) [clearance item - special price]
    RH #89060192 $885.04 (list) - $532 (discount)
    That is expensive...relatively speaking to what the car you are putting them on it worth

I assume those are the part #s for the 2005+ STS?

can the cars be retrofitted with passive shocks as the pre 2005 cars can?...as many have done to do a practical financial fix on an older Caddy?

Warren

Lifer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS 1SG, 2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

mckellyb,
    May I offer an invitation to the North Texas Region Cadillac LaSaller club located here in the Dallas-Ft Worth area. Some members (like me) have the new generation STS and XLR, and many have the classicas also. We don't guaraqntee complete technical support, but there is a lot of knowledge here, including what we learn from this forum. My email is lifer@writeme.com.

they're not any more expensive (actually less) than the 2002.5-2004 F55 magnaride shocks
    and also less than the previous gen F45 CVRSS shocks
    and those cars are worth waaaay less than a 2005+

also, i would assume that the retro-fit is available, but since i don't sell aftermarket parts i don't know for sure
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

mckellyb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS N*, 1SF, 123K mi.

Thanks!

I'm all for interacting with local folks.

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    they're not any more expensive (actually less) than the 2002.5-2004 F55 magnaride shocks
    and also less than the previous gen F45 CVRSS shocks
    and those cars are worth waaaay less than a 2005+

also, i would assume that the retro-fit is available, but since i don't sell aftermarket parts i don't know for sure

For the older cars( pre 2005) there is non OEM adjustable shock if you want to maintain the cars option...as well as the passive versions that people have using as replacements for years on Cadillacs
    Rock Auto has both the last time I checked

I agree the older cars are worth way less...not that an 05 is worth that much...
    When I owned the 02 TS and used to participate in that part of the forum it was far more common..like 10 to1...for owners to replace their set up with the passive units

I can't imagine the newer cars would be much different...esp since there are cars that are under the 10K mark in value

My dealer charges $4K to replace these shocks on an 05

I heard that and I thought.."yea right"

Warren

as far as i know there is no aftermarket replacement for the 2005.5-2004 Sevilles that have the F55 suspension...

they aftermarket might sell an active shock that can take the signals from the module but it's not magneto-rheological (aka magnaride)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.