Gs400 Vs 2005 Sts - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Gs400 Vs 2005 Sts in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; The Lexus probably holds its value better than any Cadillac. However, I usually don't let that stop me....
    Ormond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ex-Allante owner

Re: Gs400 Vs 2005 Sts

The Lexus probably holds its value better than any Cadillac. However, I usually don't let that stop me.

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

GS's are a dime a dozen... Anyone without bad credit and a pay check from McDonalds has one.
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

joshuawk is offline Cadillac Owners Member

and anyone with bad credit, er GOOD and a McDonald's check can't loan a 2005 STS?

laugh

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

The performance numbers are admittedly close between these two.

The STS is clearly the winner in design. Lexus' are very bland looking to me and blend into much of what is on the road. No one will mistake the STS for anything but a Cadillac. Even the interior seems uninspiring in the GS. I would be hard pressed to part with that kind of money for a car that is 'just more of the same'.

If you want performance from your luxury car, I would suggest holding out until next summer when the V version of the STS comes out. No Lexus in the world will be able to touch that one.

majax is offline 32V Northstar

You should know better than to ask Cadillac people wheter Lexus or Cadillac is better . You should wait for the AWD if your driving in the winter,otherwise good tires and the cars limited slip differential will keep you on the road in rain, oh and trac control and stabilitrack. Some people like me put their good cars away fro winter.

joshuawk is offline Cadillac Owners Member

too late I already got my 05 sts

no all wheel drive.
    Ill drive my DENALI in the snow I guess.

Hate to say it guys, but the LEXUS does have some notable better qualities.

Its not even something I could describe in words very well.

My lexus was just smoother, quieter on acceleration. I can hear/feel the STS shifting. My GS seemed like it looked, ROUND and smooth.

I think I like the STS better though. but not for drive quality The STS
    is rough around the edges compared to my GS I traded in.

It's like trading in a skinny hot girl, for a busty hot girl rough around the edges...

or something. LAUGH!

However I'm american and not japanese, and in the end the cadillac will suit me better.

LEXUS needs to update their car offerings if they dont want american companies dipping into their market share.

Regardless of anything the 05 sts is one hot car and nobody in their right mind could complain about owning one.

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Now, could you share any pictures then? Need some inspiration here... not many members know what they look like in real life and plus.. any car looks better in the driveway :coolgleam

From the reviews I read on the STS the trany was uber smooth, they said you couldnt feel it go into overdrive.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuawk
    and anyone with bad credit, er GOOD and a McDonald's check can't loan a 2005 STS?

laugh
    Don't laugh, Joshua. Because I'm absolutely correct. You can get a 1998 GS400 for $16,000.00. Not anyone without bad credit and a paycheck from McDonalds can get a $41,000.00 Cadillac STS... So you're now driving a car that you wont see everywhere on the road. In fact, you should really be one of the first in your area to have an STS. I haven't seen one yet...

At any cost.. I've always been a big fan of Lexus... They do make really great automobiles...

Otherwise, Cadillac is more into performance these days. The ride isn't going to be as smooth as it used to be. Lexus is really well-known for the soft, quiet rides - especially with the ES and LS.. It's really the ultimate in luxury, if you ask me. Something Cadillac used to be. Nowadays, Cadillac is going more towards BMW (The ultimate in Luxury/Sport) - I think Lexus is going more towards Mercedes... They're two very different types of vehicles...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Not a bad observation Sal, there is exception though for the DeVille. I have only seen on GS400/430 on the road, it looked pretty good. The reason there is a litte engine sound in the STS is cause it has to fullfill that sport part of the sport/luxury. Sports cars have to have a little engine roar.

You've only seen one GS? Damn.. They're very popular in New York - but when I came here, West Palm Beach, my God! They're everywhere!

I saw it when I was in Seattle for 2 days. Haven't seen any in spokane either nor in the "wheel deals" used car thingy. I guess there may be some at the dealership there.
    I did see 22 VW Passats In seattle and lots of town cars a few more than I saw DeVilles. Seattle is mainly a BMW city though lots of nice used 7's and 5's.

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

there is always 2 gs, 1 tl, 2 7 series, 2 x5s, 1 escalade w/23 at work...

Slick V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Ive driven a new STS v8, and I couldnt feel it shift unless it was shifting while WOT. Thats a part of what I found so amazing, that if you werent looking at the tech. you wouldnt even know it shifted gears.

strindl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Slick V
    Ive driven a new STS v8, and I couldnt feel it shift unless it was shifting while WOT. Thats a part of what I found so amazing, that if you werent looking at the tech. you wouldnt even know it shifted gears.

The STS uses the same 5 speed Hydramatic I had in my CTS, and that is one fine transmission. Very smooth shifting. I drove a V8 pwered RWD STS a few weeks ago, and was impressed with it's performance. Very quick, very solid car. Cadillac finally did an interior that at least approaches Lexus plushness too.

I decided I needed 4wd here in wisconsin though, and I only have one vehicle, so no Denali to drive in the snow.
    I still havn't heard when the awd STS will start arriving in showrooms.

I drove a Lexus LS430 a month or so ago, and man oh man was that a smooth quiet ride. No awd , and kinda bland exterior styling. Interior was gorgeous. It didn't have the handling capabilities of the STS I drove though.

Lexus does do something that makes their vehicles much quieter inside then any others. The STS is the quietest caddy I ever drove, but not quite up to LS levels in that regard.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.