Goodbye, STS... It's the end of the road...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Goodbye, STS... It's the end of the road... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; It's the end of the line for Cadillac STS General Motors Co. has quietly ended production of the Cadillac STS. ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Goodbye, STS... It's the end of the road...

It's the end of the line for Cadillac STS

General Motors Co. has quietly ended production of the Cadillac STS.

The final sedan rolled off the Lansing Grand River assembly line last week.

The luxury sedan was phased out to make way for a new, small Cadillac that will go into production at the plant next year, Cadillac spokeswoman Jordana Strosberg said Tuesday.

Local GM spokeswoman Erin Davis said the end of STS production won't result in any layoffs. The plant's 835 hourly workers will continue to build the Cadillac CTS line. However, the assembly plant will shut down for about 1 1/2 months starting June 6 as a crew prepares the factory for production of the new Cadillac. When workers return on July 18, they will continue to make the CTS while preparing for the new car.

Read more...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

Re: Goodbye, STS... It's the end of the road...

I thought the ATS was the 3 series competitor.

The STS died w/the N*, anyway, IMO...
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

Yes, the ATS is the 3-Series competitor. Lansing Grand River is building the ATS and Oshawa is building the XTS.. I wasn't sure but it does appear the ATS will begin production soon, replacing the STS (at the plant). I'm not saying the ATS is replacing the STS at dealerships - just at the plant where it's being built...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE

Such a shame the STS didn't catch on like the CTS. I still find the STS an excellent bridge between the Cadillac of old (floaty sofas on wheels) and the European cars that killed them in the market.

What are all these CTS buyers going to do when they get a little older, they get a larger family... and their CTS won't do them any good. I suppose the CTS Wagon was Cadillac's response to that demographic, but I think the entire CTS line leaves the full-size/full-height American out of luck. I can't sit in a CTS and see out the front window safely enough to drive. At 6'3" my head is buried in the headliner and the sloping windshield turns into opaque roof before I can see the road 3 car lengths out.

The next CTS is growing to the size of the STS.

Quote Originally Posted by MacMuse View Post
    Such a shame the STS didn't catch on like the CTS. I still find the STS an excellent bridge between the Cadillac of old (floaty sofas on wheels) and the European cars that killed them in the market.

What are all these CTS buyers going to do when they get a little older, they get a larger family... and their CTS won't do them any good. I suppose the CTS Wagon was Cadillac's response to that demographic, but I think the entire CTS line leaves the full-size/full-height American out of luck. I can't sit in a CTS and see out the front window safely enough to drive. At 6'3" my head is buried in the headliner and the sloping windshield turns into opaque roof before I can see the road 3 car lengths out.

Greg00coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 STS

When' the next CTS rolling off.....that could work!!!

malatu is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by MacMuse View Post

In a couple of years, you'll see more and more of the CTS's "tricked out" with loud mufflers and "add on" spoilers!

Not right away, unfortunately.. Probably 2 or 3 years from now...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg00coupe View Post
    When' the next CTS rolling off.....that could work!!!

bbjorklund99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS

That is unfortunate! I have loved the STS from the 1st time I saw the commercial with the Cadillac disturbing the ballroom dance. The new CTS is OK but after sitting in one and than in the STS I just couldn't bring myself to buy one. Maybe with the STS going away they will expand the car slightly and make the CTS interior size more like that of the STS. I have a nephew that was seriously looking at a CTS and just could not get his body comfortably into the drivers seat. He is like 6'4" and muscular. He ended up buying the Dodge Charger instead. Not much of a comparison but for a lot of guys they are not going to pay big bucks for a car that is uncomfortable to drive.

malatu is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by bbjorklund99 View Post
    That is unfortunate! I have loved the STS from the 1st time I saw the commercial with the Cadillac disturbing the ballroom dance. The new CTS is OK but after sitting in one and than in the STS I just couldn't bring myself to buy one. Maybe with the STS going away they will expand the car slightly and make the CTS interior size more like that of the STS. I have a nephew that was seriously looking at a CTS and just could not get his body comfortably into the drivers seat. He is like 6'4" and muscular. He ended up buying the Dodge Charger instead. Not much of a comparison but for a lot of guys they are not going to pay big bucks for a car that is uncomfortable to drive.
    That was a great commercial! Every time I hear that Led Zeppelin tune I think of it.

ddalder is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

I suspected this was the case. It's too bad, but I didn't buy into the chat that GM was going to go ahead with a 2012 STS using left over parts. This just isn't how production works these days. Once again a disappointing day. GM did the very same thing to me with my Bonneville. I had purchased it with hopes of having another down the road, technological updates, new features and all of a sudden they were gone. I'm starting to get a bit of a complex here
    jimmy buffet and jimmy buffet like this.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    The next CTS is growing to the size of the STS.
    I wouldn't be so sure. Washington is planning to 'punish oil companies' and will end up hurting us all with even highwe gas prices. It's hard to believe it isn't intentional; could anyone be so ignorant?

bbjorklund99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS

Government Motors!

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4

Even if they expand the CTS, I still won't buy one (probably hold out for the XTS some day). No offense to CTS owners, it is a pretty nice car..........But I can't stand the interior. It's way different than the STS, very "busy" with controls everywhere. The STS interior is way more elegant.

Quote Originally Posted by bbjorklund99 View Post

ddalder is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

Quote Originally Posted by carter's_sts View Post
    Even if they expand the CTS, I still won't buy one (probably hold out for the XTS some day). No offense to CTS owners, it is a pretty nice car..........But I can't stand the interior. It's way different than the STS, very "busy" with controls everywhere. The STS interior is way more elegant.
    I completely agree. I don't like the interior, nor do I like the centre high mount stop light. Otherwise it's a nice car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.