Anyone out there have a 2011?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By z06bigbird
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Anyone out there have a 2011? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Just watched this video... I'm wondering if there is any truth to is, specifically the "deletions". Of course the STS-V ...
    ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

Anyone out there have a 2011?

Just watched this video...

I'm wondering if there is any truth to is, specifically the "deletions". Of course the STS-V was deleted for 2010 which makes me wonder a little about the vintage of this video. Even if this was a 2009 video in anticipation of 2010 being the last production year, it would leave several other items as potentially incorrect.

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone can confirm the facts, or if the video is wrong.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

Re: Anyone out there have a 2011?

My thoughts:

1. During it's reorganization, GM formally announced that it was disbanding it's performance line-up. No more STS V. No more STS V-8.

2. CTS would continue and improve on it's performance specs--including a supercharger.

3. Since the STS product was going to go down the toilet, I suspect any manufacturer would discontinue the real expensive items like Mag ride control.

4. Since the CTS is such a highly desirable car, and since it's sales seem to continue upward, GM decided to turn that thing into a rocket. On the other hand, the STS just was not as popular. Too bad. A caddy is not a caddy without a V8. BTW, 9 out of 10 men who tried camels prefer women.
    550HP STSV and 550HP STSV like this.

chazglenn3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD

Quote Originally Posted by z06bigbird View Post
    9 out of 10 men who tried camels prefer women.
    lol :d

Greg00coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 STS

What do i know but I think GM missed the boat by not promoting the STS. No comparison between the CTS and STS. My dealer is offering a lease on a CTS for $199 a month. It's cheap but can't motivate me to give up my STS.

malatu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Greg00coupe View Post
    What do i know but I think GM missed the boat by not promoting the STS. No comparison between the CTS and STS. My dealer is offering a lease on a CTS for $199 a month. It's cheap but can't motivate me to give up my STS.
    I agree with you about missing the boat. The way I feel now, there is no other Cadillac I will own other than the STS. CTS way too small, the others way to large. Plus, I think you are going to see more and more CTS's modded out like rice burners.

Yea I agree..... missed the boat.

ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

Personally I have no interest in a CTS. If Cadillac doesn't come up with something good to replace the STS I'll probably look elsewhere for my next car.

Getting back to the original question though, I don't know about discontinuing some of the options reported in the video. For example, the navigation manual for 2011 discusses ride control "If Equipped" which suggests it was available. From what I've seen, most STS's have MRC and continuosly variable real-time damping so it would seem more logical to carry on with this. Things like adaptive cruise and enhanced Stabilitrak with active steering control were not really common items so it would be pretty easy to eliminate these and likely not missed by many consumers. As for the headrest DVD's, again not really popular. If there truly is a redesigned head restraint system, this would make sense. To include one model year of head rests with a DVD "option" sounds very costly from and engineering and production standpoint. As for the V-8 options, I'm not surprised they got the axe.

Anyway, I'm just not sure about the reliability of this video and am curious to know if GM did make such significant changes. I'll be a little disappointed if they did, but at the same time it won't be the first time GM has disappointed me.

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

STS, like the XLR, went down the toilet, partly (in my mind) because GM did not advertise enough. I am not sure I ever saw an ad for an XLR.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

The Northstar was simply too expensive to build and not econimical enough on the road.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.