to any of you STS owners/enthusiasts; did anyone consider the Chrysler 300C?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, to any of you STS owners/enthusiasts; did anyone consider the Chrysler 300C? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; or for the performance buffs, maybe the 420HP 300 SRT-8 that will be coming out early next year? im wondering ...
    Minarets is offline Cadillac Owners Member

to any of you STS owners/enthusiasts; did anyone consider the Chrysler 300C?

or for the performance buffs, maybe the 420HP 300 SRT-8 that will be coming out early next year?

im wondering how much competition this car will have with the STS. i know it is a different class. the STS is competing with the Lexus 430 and the BMW 5 series. The Chrysler 300C is a very nice car for the $$$. the interior is def no STS.

just curious if this car weighed on any of your decsions. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Re: to any of you STS owners/enthusiasts; did anyone consider the Chrysler 300C?

I will drive one, when it becomes available. If it has a decent ride (meaning NOT like a Camaro with the heavy duty suspension package) there's a good chance that I'll order one and sell the 2003 Town Car. I had a HEMI 425 H.P. in the early '70s and I am trying to re-live my youth. Hard to achieve in a Town Car, nice as it is!

nbfc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: to any of you STS owners/enthusiasts; did anyone consider the Chrysler 300C?

I have the new 2005 STS and to be honest I didnt even consider the 300C. One of my friends have one and it is nicknamed the poor mans bently because of how the front. I dont really care for the short windows. I have owned a Cadillac for quite a number of years. I trade in a DTS for the STS and i love both cars. I also have a SRX V8 for my wife and that is also a great truck.

ben72227 is offline Banned

i'd think the 300 was more in the league of the CTS, not the STS. Its a Chrysler, so .... lets just say id rather have the CTS.

It does, however, look quite nice (on the outside) its what id envision the deville to look like if they ever upgrade its design. but the deville will look probably more like the sixteen....

Ormond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ex-Allante owner

Lightbulb Re: to any of you STS owners/enthusiasts; did anyone consider the Chrysler 300C?

I like the 300C. It has more room than the STS, but not its level of refinement. The C is $15,000 less. The only feature the STS has over the competition is the remote starting. I don't know if I would use it. Competition is good!!

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

If the 420HP 300 SRT-8 and the STS are going to compete in any way, it'll compete vs the STS-V - which I believe will have a supercharged Northstar.. Otherwise, the 300C is a very nice car. I love the looks of it. I think they kinda screwed things up by having the regular 300 look exactly the same (as far as I can tell) and be so inexpensive. I see every crap-bag around here driving one. Besides that, I see them as rentals as well.. There's no exclusivity at all... But, like I said, it's a really nice car...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

Caddy Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
    If the 420HP 300 SRT-8 and the STS are going to compete in any way, it'll compete vs the STS-V - which I believe will have a supercharged Northstar.. Otherwise, the 300C is a very nice car. I love the looks of it. I think they kinda screwed things up by having the regular 300 look exactly the same (as far as I can tell) and be so inexpensive. I see every crap-bag around here driving one. Besides that, I see them as rentals as well.. There's no exclusivity at all... But, like I said, it's a really nice car...
    but what price is the sts-v going to run? i bet the SRT 8 will be a bargain compared to that. I know of course you are getting more with the sts, but the 300C is a car that looks expensive without being expensive. Kinda like the Lincoln LS, which i wa ssuprised was in the same class as a CTS, but it looks way more expensive and upscale. Also, in the last generation STS, you could tell and you knew the car was expensive, but now with the 1SA and 1SB models (the low end models) it cheapens the STS name. These models are nothing but overgorwn CTS's in my opinion. Plus cadillac owners should be last to talk about rental cars, CTS's are starting to be in rentals , and devilles have always been as well as used in the livery service.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

SRT-8s are gonna be in the mid forties. Goal: Fastest sedan 0-60 4-Sale of the "Big-3" GM, Ford & Chrysler. Goal: 4.9 0-60 stock outta the box. There will be non warrantee voiding high(er) performance parts at High Performance Dodge & Chrysler dealers. The H.P. will be 425 with Tq. of 430 Lb/ AND all wheel drive with stability control. I'm allready standing in line. Way back here

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxI am here> X

majax is offline 32V Northstar

The 300c looks okay but I dought the overal quality compared to the STS.

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    Goal: Fastest sedan 0-60 4-Sale of the "Big-3" GM, Ford & Chrysler. Goal: 4.9 0-60 stock outta the box.
    Didn't the CTS-V already win that? 4.7 second 0-60 (okay, so reviews can only get 5.0 0-60 times, but once they cure the wheel hop it should be possible). Personally, I would rather buy a year old CTS-V for $40k than a brand new SRT-8...

In a year it will also have to compete with a more powerful CTS-V and the 430hp STS-V with the supercharged northstar.

Slick V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

For the CTS-V the manufacturer says 0-60 is 4.6, but the latest magezine( Car & Driver I beleive) hit 4.8

60 special is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by majax
    The 300c looks okay but I dought the overal quality compared to the STS.
    I have had one Seville and one STS in the past 6 years. On both of them the third breaklight in the trunk went out. On the STS the side skirts came loose from the car. Quality?

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

This is the new Cadillac. Everything has changed and really isn't comparable to even the cars designed a couple years ago.

As for your specific issues:
    The CHMSL strip is now a brighter, quicker, longer lasting neon strip.
    The new cars are put together at the Lansing Grand River assembly plant. It is the highest ranked assembly plant in quality in the U.S. The STS is also raising the bar by holding to fit tolerances that are the highest ever used in a production car (for example, panel gaps are half of what Cadillac used to allow).

Cadillac is in a different league than it was when you purchased your previous SeVilles.

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Quote Originally Posted by 60 special
    I have had one Seville and one STS in the past 6 years. On both of them the third breaklight in the trunk went out. On the STS the side skirts came loose from the car. Quality?
    That's it???
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

ktills45 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by gothicaleigh
    This is the new Cadillac. Everything has changed and really isn't comparable to even the cars designed a couple years ago.

As for your specific issues:
    The CHMSL strip is now a brighter, quicker, longer lasting neon strip.
    The new cars are put together at the Lansing Grand River assembly plant. It is the highest ranked assembly plant in quality in the U.S. The STS is also raising the bar by holding to fit tolerances that are the highest ever used in a production car (for example, panel gaps are half of what Cadillac used to allow).

Cadillac is in a different league than it was when you purchased your previous SeVilles.
    I think Lansing is the highest rated in North and South America, no?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.