Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Trying to identifty a cluster... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I recently purchased an instrument cluster. My dealership tells me it's for a 2009 STS only. I'm trying to determine ...
- 03-13-11 06:01 PM #1
Trying to identifty a cluster...
I recently purchased an instrument cluster. My dealership tells me it's for a 2009 STS only. I'm trying to determine if anyone else out there has the same one. It's a little different than others I've seen so far...
- It is a non-US cluster (km/h and MPH are swapped so km/h is at the top).
- It doesn't show the word "BRAKE", it uses the symbol as we would see it on a Canadian cluster.
- It reads up to 260 km/h or MPH.
- It has a shift indicator (PRNDM) below the speed indicator needle.
- It has no markings to indicate it is for a 'V' series STS.
- When scanned, the Tech2 indicates the module was built in 2003 (early prototype?).
- Some DIC functions seem different than those documented in the 2009 manual.
- Part number is 25858433
- 03-15-11 12:11 AM #2
Re: Trying to identifty a cluster...
After looking at dozens of pictures online, it seems this is a European cluster. Makes sense... after a closer look it seems to have an indicator for rear fog lamps. It does seem to work in my car perfectly (for all 2008 model year functions). The one I have just doesn't seem to fully support speed alert/speed advisory available for 2009.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Extension Set
Extension Set - 3/8 Inch Drive; 3 Piece; Includes 3 Inch, 6 Inch, 10 Inch
- PowerTorque Tools - SAE Hex Bits Set
SAE Hex Bits Set - 7 Piece; 3/8" Drive; SAE Hex Bits; Contains: 1/8", 5/32", 3/16", 7/32", 1/4", 5/16" & 3/8"
- PowerTorque Tools - Ratchet Handle & Socket Set
Ratchet Handle & Socket Set - 14 Piece; 1/4" Drive Ratchet Handle & Metric Socket Set