Sooo not happy.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Sooo not happy. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Okay - my warranty expired not even one month ago .... Today I went to pick up my son and ...
    Scarlet is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS

Sooo not happy.

Okay - my warranty expired not even one month ago .... Today I went to pick up my son and really had to crank the heat way up 85-87 to get it hot.... anything lower than that was warm(ish) to kinda chilly.

I'm ready to throw my hand up and buy a horse and buggy. Any ideas what I may be up against?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

chazglenn3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD

Re: Sooo not happy.

Probably an air mix door actuator.

Thank you for the quick reply. By chance do you know how scary the price is for a part like that?

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

If you have a good relationship with your dealership the service manager might be able to do a 'goodwill' warranty repair for you. Heck, even if you don't have a good relationship it is still possible if you approach them nicely (and they're open to the idea in the first place).

some dealers aren't allowed to do goodwill warranties - i think you have to be in good standing with training and prior warranty work
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Well... that reply flew off into cyber space somewhere. Lets try that again.

This dealership did all the work on my prior vehicle (which was not purchased through them) and they have seen the caddy for her bath time & two service issues. The creaky driver seat may not have actually touched the warranty because it was in the purchase agreement that they would have that fixed for me. Then about 2 weeks after purchase, I had an O2 sensor go out - that was covered under my warranty.

I know this will make me sound a bit....green, but is there a "right" way to go about asking for the goodwill warranty repair? It never hurts to ask but I also don't wish to upset or offend anyone

basically go in to talk to the service manager and mention your situation and ask nicely if goodwill is a possibility - can't hurt to ask is the philosophy there
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

A sack of jelly doughnuts wouldn't hurt either.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

Will keep that in mind! Thanks guys! For someone like me....who is admittedly not mechanically inclined - you guys can be life savers (and wallet savers!)

chagrin falls is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 srx perf, 2010 cts4 prem

I think all of us that have or had an STS have learned that it can be financial suicide to not purchase an extended warranty prior to the end of the factory warranty.

rzambrano is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS

Quote Originally Posted by chagrin falls View Post
    I think all of us that have or had an STS have learned that it can be financial suicide to not purchase an extended warranty prior to the end of the factory warranty.
    I have learned this the hard way after only 4 months of ownership. I'm a 3rd year college kid with a part time job (don't worry it pays well for what it is), and I have already spent about $2k in maintenance, repairs, and accessories in this short time, that is also not including the monthly car payment. Scheduled for this weekend is replacing both front struts. I am predicting about $300 there alone.

To top it off, I have ran into some health problems and am currently in an unpaid leave from work for an indefinite amount of time. I even had to cancel my donations to this forum!

With that said, GET A WARRANTY or have a big savings nest alone for this car!

We bought her as a used car and added the warranty at time of purchase - unfortunately.... those warranties don't last forever :/ Are there any good ones that you can buy that come with good recommendations?

Slee_Stack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Wagon RWD Premium, Used to own 2005 STS 1SG

Invest in working on your car yourself or finding a good independent mechanic. You can cut your repair bills in half right there versus dealer service.

Yup... the factory service manual pays for itself the first or second time you use it

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

The same guy that will buy a $65,000 car and won't spend $140 on a FSM is the same guy that'll buy a $350,000 house and won't hire a $350 attorney to look over the details for him; penny wise and dollar foolish.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

rzambrano is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS
    Quote Originally Posted by dkozloski View Post
    The same guy that will buy a $65,000 car and won't spend $140 on a FSM is the same guy that'll buy a $350,000 house and won't hire a $350 attorney to look over the details for him; penny wise and dollar foolish.
    I got myself a factory service manual on disc. I've learned a lot but don't have all the tools necessary to do half the jobs.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.