RPO Codes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, RPO Codes in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Does anyone know what the following RPO codes really mean? WD01 - Identification start of platform containment vehicles WD1 - ...
    KRSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 3.6 DI RWD

Question RPO Codes

Does anyone know what the following RPO codes really mean?

WD01 - Identification start of platform containment vehicles
    WD1 - Identification - Pilot Vehicle
    My 2008 has both and the build date is 2007-05-22 so it looks like the very beginning of the 2008 model run

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

Re: RPO Codes

It took a lot of digging for me to find out about WD0 as mine has this RPO as well (built 2007-07-20).

WD0 - Platform Containment Vehicle is a Pre-production MVB (Manufacturing Validation Build) Unit.

Not many of these out there. It was finally the engineering group that was able to provide an answer.

Don't know about WD1.

Here is a link to a Corvette forum that talks about WD0, WD1 and WD2. I got my information directly from GM and this site seems to be in line (at least on WD0). This may shed some light on your other code as I suspect GM uses these among various lines.

This may also explain why my car was shipped to the GM Proving Grounds (which coincidentally was a dealer car afterwards).

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...ad.php?t=12398

Thanks DD. I wouldn't have known where to start looking. I suspected something like that because the VIN database shows there were only 149 of those for my model and year with that code and overall only 8 matching my exact options list. I purchased mine as a CPO with very low mileage in March 2008 for a considerable discount and I am essentially the first owner, since CarFax says it was first registered as a GM corporate fleet vehicle.
    I hope this means they took exceptional care with the build. Except for a few very minor issues, the car has been flawless.

Good to hear you've had a mostly positive experience. Had mine just a couple of months now and it has been anything but problem free. Pretty much all the repairs have been completed so I'm hoping this is the start of a new chapter. If I had to pay for the repairs, it would total nearly $10K now. My problems weren't in the "build" though so I'm also hoping there was care taken assembling everything.

Hope so too. Thank god for the CPO!

IBMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Black Diamond Coupe

Thanks for the info! I just purchased a WDO 2013 CTS-V, which appears to be #10 off the line for 2013 and then went to the GM fleet for 14,000 miles. Got it for a great price, so here's hoping they got the bugs worked out on the first 9!

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Congratulations on your purchase!

Enjoy! (Even if you might be the upstart younger brother...)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.