Finally found a STS worth consideration Inputs please
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Finally found a STS worth consideration Inputs please in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Good Morning to everyone! I have been in the market for a STS over a year. I think I may ...
    Woody Steinmann is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Crystal Red CTS DI

Finally found a STS worth consideration Inputs please

Good Morning to everyone!
    I have been in the market for a STS over a year. I think I may have found "the one" but have a few questions. This is a 2008 STS V-8 with 23500 miles on it. The VIN is 1G6DC67A880126017 if anyone can decode and advise that would be great! The dealer is asking 26K for this beauty. The color is Light Platinum.
    I would like to speak with the dealer later in the week and would like some educated input from the pros before talking with them.

Any info you can provide is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

chazglenn3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD

Re: Finally found a STS worth consideration Inputs please

Go to www.compnine.com and there is a VIN decoder at the bottom of the website.

Saila22 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Steinmann View Post
    I have been in the market for a STS over a year. I think I may have found "the one" but have a few questions. This is a 2008 STS V-8 with 23500 miles on it. The VIN is 1G6DC67A880126017 if anyone can decode and advise that would be great! The dealer is asking 26K for this beauty. The color is Light Platinum.
    I would like to speak with the dealer later in the week and would like some educated input from the pros before talking with them.

Did a Google search on that vin. It came back as being in Ok. and shows its a standard STS NOT A "V". With that said thats a decent price for an 08 with 25K miles. Not sure about the "fake" top however.......

Saila22 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS

Re-read, see you said a v-8, my bad!

Thanks for the input. I know the top is really unique..In a way, having something different makes the car don't ya think?? Looking at the VIN checker makes me think that this car loaded?? Am I right or misreading the info??

ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

It's reasonably equipped but definitely not "loaded". This and "All-Options" are two terms dealerships use that drive me crazy. I enjoy the long pause when I query them about a "Loaded" car as I list off options that aren't installed. Be very wary and never trust these terms.

As for the VIN you posted, it is missing a few items that you may not even miss. These include:

Head-Up Display
    Lane Departure Warning
    Side Blind Zone Alert
    Sport Suspension (Also excludes continuously variable real time damping magneto rheological varialble time damping chassis)
    Extra Capacity Cooling System
    All Wheel Drive
    Adaptive Cruise Control

Thanks to everyone that responded to my questions. I appreciate it and will take every thing into consideration before I make an offer. I was thinking that after a visit to the dealer 23500 migh be a good offer..Any thoughts??

Neutrocuted is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 N* 1SF HUD ACC F55 - 2008 CTS 3.6DI Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Steinmann View Post

It is considered a 1 owner car. The car originally sold in San Diego as a lease/fleet vehicle, the left door lock has been replaced 2 different times, glove box latch once and the inside door handle once. 1 remote was replaced. It was sold at auction and went to Fullerton CA with no-sale, auctioned again and went Oklahoma City OK where the brake pads and rotors were replaced on 11/09/10. End of report.

Hope this helps with your decision. Be sure to do a good test drive, including up to highway speeds with left and right curves with the radio off! Good luck!

I'd like to thank eveyone who replyed to my post. I only wish the dealership was more responsive. I have never seen such a hard sell especially in economic times as these. I have made my last call to this particular dealer. 4 calls 3 emails and no responce. I guess this one is not ment for me. I think I'll look around a little more and maybe find a dealer that actually wants to deal. For now I'm still looking. I have owned 2 prior cadillacs, a 98 STS and a 04 Deville. Loved both cars. I'll keep checking this web site for information and advice. Thank you all again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.