Found A STS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Found A STS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Okay, after just missing out on a 2008 1SC STS on eBay for $16,000, I put a deposit on a ...
    chazglenn3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD

Found A STS

Okay, after just missing out on a 2008 1SC STS on eBay for $16,000, I put a deposit on a 2005 STS with the Northstar and ACC/HUD 84K miles for $14,000. White Diamond/Light grey. Missing out on the '08 was a total bummer...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4

Re: Found A STS

Who cares the 3.6 even in DI isnt any fun, N* is where its at. You even have the HUD and ACC which I dont, Im jealous!

I was really wanting to get a STS4, but it just doesn't snow enough around here to justify it. I have been a big N* fan ever since 1992. It will be nice to have one in RWD finally!

Mines a 1SG STS4 loaded minus the HUD/ACC, added Tomm lockpick, uPac-STS, GM Accessory CHMSL and Tail Lamps, STS-V door panels and center console (much nicer leather cut and sewn to fit), volant CAI, and of course Corsa.

Sounds nice! This one is a 1SF with 17" polished rims. Are the GM accessory pieces still available?

GM accessory tails are VERY hard to come by and the CHMSL is impossible, they were short lived. The tails can be bought Euro style for roughly 700 from rippy. They are close the only difference between Euro and Accessory is that Euro has amber LEDs for turn signals and red for brake while on Accessory all LEDs are red. Personally for the price I Accessory retailed for (325 for the pair vs 350 PER LAMP for Euro) I am perfectly happy with my Accessories.

The Volant CAI was problematic since they implemented it, it was a relabled SRX intake so the tube was far too long requireing trimming (not something you expect on a 450 dollar "bolt on") so it was pulled and too is very hard to find.

Corsa, that can be ordered and found easily.

STS-V panels, lets put it this way the STS-V itself is rare as a leprechaun not wrecked so finding a totalled one with four perfect black panels and console was extremely hard but I did and is WELL WORTH IT. The interior is much more classy than the vinyl installed on all but platinum non Vs.

1SFs are pretty loaded the only thing 1SGs have over that is the 4 option (I believe) and the ZF (STS-V) steering gear ratio (this I am sure of), also you have a 2.73 standard and 3.42 optional rear end (have to run your vin to be sure) and 17"s with 18"s optional.

Running the VIN showed the rear end to be 3.23's...1SG also includes the glove soft "Tuscany" leather...

Cant be? 3.23 is AWD only?!

The VIN decoder on the compnine website says it is 3.23 rear gear with limited slip differential...

My apologies!
    Hydra-Matic 5L50-E (V-8)
    4T80-E 4-speed electronic automatic with overdrive and viscous- type converter clutch
    Gear Ratios (:1)
    1st 3.42
    2nd 2.21
    3rd 1.60
    4th 1.00
    5th 0.75
    Reverse 3.02
    RWD: 2.73, 3.23, 3.42
    AWD: 3.23

skexius is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Seville STS and a 2003 Oldsmobile Aurora Final 500

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    My apologies!
    Hydra-Matic 5L50-E (V-8)
    4T80-E 4-speed electronic automatic with overdrive and viscous- type converter clutch
    Gear Ratios (:1)
    1st 3.42
    2nd 2.21
    3rd 1.60
    4th 1.00
    5th 0.75
    Reverse 3.02
    RWD: 2.73, 3.23, 3.42
    AWD: 3.23
    1BadCadSTS,You really need to make sure that you are giving correct information about this car when you post. Otherwise, you will confuse people who are reading the thread and looking for these kinds of specifications. They will think that your information is right when it is not.The above information is NOT correct. You are mixing information about two TOTALLLY DIFFERENT transmissions. The 4T80-E transmission is a 4-Speed automatic transmission that is used on Front Wheel Drive Northstar-powered cars ONLY! The 5L50-E transmission is a 5-Speed automatic that is used on the Rear Wheel Drive Northstar-powered cars ONLY! You need to delete the references to the 4T80-E transmission and its specifications in your post above. The rest of the information above refers to the 5L50-E transmission only and IS correct.skexius

Wrong, what I posted came directly from CARS.com per the 2005-2006 Cadillac STS V8 transmission
    http://www.new-cars.com/2005/cadilla...sts-specs.html

skexius is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Seville STS and a 2003 Oldsmobile Aurora Final 500

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    Wrong, what I posted came directly from CARS.com per the 2005-2006 Cadillac STS V8 transmission
    http://www.new-cars.com/2005/cadilla...sts-specs.html
    1BadCadSTS,The website information that you listed above is not quite correct. They have mixed in specifications about two TOTALLY DIFFERENT transmissions used in DIFFERENT vehicle applications. The specifications they listed, such as the gear ratios and final drive ratios, are for the 5L50-E transmission ONLY, not the 4T80-E transmission. The 4T80-E tranmission should NOT have even been listed in the 2005 STS specs on that site.You also need to make sure that the third-party websites that you may get information from are documenting the specifications and figures about vehicles correctly themselves! In this case, their information is not only incorrect, but will confuse people who are reading the information. Someone did not proofread what they wrote on that site about the STS transmission.To prove to you that the above cars.com site information is not correct, let me show you how I cross check what I post in a thread so that I DON'T give incorrect or confusing information.Click on the link to the below GM website:http://archives.media.gm.com/divisio...ain/index.html You will see all the engine and transmission information GM published on their OWN website about THEIR vehicles for the 2005 model year.Click on the 'Automatic Transmissions' link on the left and click on the 5L50-E transmission link on the right side of the page. You will then see specifications about this transmission and what cars used this transmission for the 2005 model year. Do you see any reference to the 4T80-E or a Front wheel drive car in the specs?Now click the back button in your browser and click on the 4T80-E transmission link and you will see specifications about this transmission and what cars used this transmission for the 2005 model year. Do you see any reference to the 5L50-E or a Rear wheel drive car in the specs?Now, click on the link to the GM website below for the 2005 STS information:http://archives.media.gm.com/divisio...sts/index.html Scroll down and you will see the engine and transmission specifications for the 2005 model year of the STS. Do you see any reference to the 4T80-E or a Front wheel drive car in the specs?The answer to all the questions is NO! These are GM WEBSITES published by GM itself and are NOT third-party websites. This information and thus my original posted comments is CORRECT. The 2005 STS does not use the 4T80-E transmission, only the 5L40-E in the V-6 and the 5L50-E in the V-8.The point of all of this is as I said previously:You MUST make sure that you are giving people the correct information about a car when you post or you WILL confuse people and make it that much more difficult for them to obtain the correct information they may need to understand and/or repair the vehicle that they are asking about.skexius

peetee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Chaz, is that car in Phoenix/Tempe by any chance? I test drove a car that sounds similar to the car you mentioned (miles, price and options). I can give you my opinions and a couple things to have checked out.

onlyuscars is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 STS V8, 1SF JE5, Lockpick, Volant CAI, Corsa, Summer 20s

Where are you guys running the VIN?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.