Engine Air Filter
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Engine Air Filter in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Got a few warm days, so decided to change the Engine Air Filter. Looked for it at Wal-Mart, and could ...
    Subsailor613 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS RWD NAV F55 N*1SF

Cool Engine Air Filter

Got a few warm days, so decided to change the Engine Air Filter.
    Looked for it at Wal-Mart, and could NOT find it, Nor in their filter book.
    So decided to get an OEM.
    I always clean as much of the very,very,very,very fine dust that got through
    the filter, and plated on the piping going to the Throttle assembly.
    So I used water to clean ALL the stuff I could to get this dust OFF.
    Dried everything and reassembled,PITA,to catch the bottom of the
    cover for the filter, two 4 fingered, fingers, hold the bottom, and
    two phillips screws hold the top.Seems to run better at very low speeds,
    NOT tested @ WOT.
    BTW: the AC Delco number is A2944C or the OEM is: 25798271

P.S. Don't forget to replug the MAS !

Have Fun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

chugcatsts01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS V-8 Northstar

Re: Engine Air Filter

How did you remove the 'cover' to get to it?

sztolcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Gone: 93 Seville V8 4.9L SLS, Now: STS v8 RWD'05, Honda Fit

Re: Engine Air Filter

I changed engine air filter myself too a few weeks ago. Actually it is the best to remove the whole filter box as it is the easiest way to change the filter insert. I disconnected the MAS and untighten the metal ring connecting the box to air intake, then two hex screws are holding the filter
    box, one close to the driver side front light assembly and one on the back on the strut wall or how it is called. There is enough play in coolant
    hose to move it to the back side and then the box is easily removed. I took it home and cleaned it and I could see what way the original filter
    sits in. I bought a Wix filter, I was considering for a while K&N but I got afraid of a need to apply some special oil to it. Filter was dirty as hell, engine breaths now much better and fuel efficiency increased a bit. I changed also a cabin filter while at it, sort of bigger PITA than engine air filter to change. I changed it to a non-active carbon one, I cleaned the old one with carbon with a hoover and I guess I will put it back, cause the one with no carbon transmits more smells.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.