20" wheel fitment
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 20" wheel fitment in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey evryone, I'm looking at setting my 06 STS up with some 20" wheels. What I've gathered so far is ...
    06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

20" wheel fitment

Hey evryone,
    I'm looking at setting my 06 STS up with some 20" wheels. What I've gathered so far is a 20"x8" wheel with +38 backspacing a 245/35/20. Before I go and mess up my ride or spend money on wheels that don't fit right in the fenders, I wanted to get some input. I have OEM 18" stagger wheels now and can't find any threads on proper fitment.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

turnerbend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS

Re: 20" wheel fitment

I run the 255/35/20 on my STS every summer without any problems except for the rough ride. They are about .1" taller than the 245/35/20. Go for it.

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

if you go with a 245/35/20 with a 5x115 bolt pattern and +38 to +42 offset then you should have no issues

onlyuscars is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 STS V8, 1SF JE5, Lockpick, Volant CAI, Corsa, Summer 20s

See Rimsntires.com. I am running 8.5 inch front with 9.5 inch 275 35 in the rear on 20s.

Perfect, Thanks for the help.

Ok, ordered my 20's. I went with 20x8.5 with +38 and some 255/35/20 rubber on all 4. KMC's with Nitto rubber. Should have them waiting for me when I get back to the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by 06 STS Rob View Post
    Ok, ordered my 20's. I went with 20x8.5 with +38 and some 255/35/20 rubber on all 4. KMC's with Nitto rubber. Should have them waiting for me when I get back to the U.S.
    This it the setup that I run on my STS in the summer. The Nitto tires wears good. The only problem with the low profile tires is the ride. Watch out for potholes and bad roads. Let me know what you think......

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

20x8.5 in front, 20x10.5 rear. 245 or 255/30/20 in the front, 275-295/30/20 in rear. 2" D3 spring drop.

Quote Originally Posted by 550HP STSV View Post
    20x8.5 in front, 20x10.5 rear. 245 or 255/30/20 in the front, 275-295/30/20 in rear. 2" D3 spring drop.
    Why not the same size all around?

onlyuscars is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 STS V8, 1SF JE5, Lockpick, Volant CAI, Corsa, Summer 20s

I like the look and the feel. My car already had staggered width rims factory, just .5 inch difference, not the full inch I have now. The aggressive turn in on curves allows more throttle input before oversteer occurs - theoretically. Also the wider rear tires on a 2wd STS gets more power down w/o wheelspin. I baby her so all of this is a non-factor, but she looks way faster sitting still.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyuscars View Post
    I like the look and the feel. My car already had staggered width rims factory, just .5 inch difference, not the full inch I have now. The aggressive turn in on curves allows more throttle input before oversteer occurs - theoretically. Also the wider rear tires on a 2wd STS gets more power down w/o wheelspin. I baby her so all of this is a non-factor, but she looks way faster sitting still.
    I like the staggered wheel set up as well, just couldn't justify the cost. My bikes and trucks need love too. I would have gone with a set up like yours if I had the cash.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.