2006 sts4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 2006 sts4 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Ok, so I have found a car for a really good price and in fact the price seems to be ...
    chazglenn3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD

2006 sts4

Ok, so I have found a car for a really good price and in fact the price seems to be too good. It is a 2006 STS4 with about 76k miles. I have driven it twice now and all I can find wrong with are the voice button on the steering wheel doesn't work, the front and back ashtray things are both stuck closed, and it has a vibration on the freeway at about 60. The body is great and the interior is above average but not perfect. The front wheels were curb rashed and were repaired and powdercoated...they turned out nice. The car is black on black and I can buy it for $14,000 out the door. Does this seem like too good a deal? Would it be wise to add an extended warranty?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

Re: 2006 sts4

Not sure about the dollar value. In Canada we pay more for everything, all the time and I don't know what is reasonable in your area. An extended warranty is an excellent idea though. I've purchased extended warranties on my last two GM's and come out far ahead on both. I will be purchasing one for my '08 STS as well based on my experience to date and the list of problems posted on the forum.

malatu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 AWD

Based on what I'm hearing.... it sounds like a pretty good deal, but understand you can put a lot of money into one of these gals for even the simplest repaiars. Call a dealer and ask them to quote you a price on changing a front beam light. Or better yet, the cost to replace one of the headlight assemblies... so with that said ...... it ain't that too "good of a deal"... What level of trim is it?

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

That deal may be good but it's not near the 'too good to be true' territory. Is the car loaded; 1SG, at least V8 or 1 owner? Values of these cars fall sharply after the original warranty expires. It happens again after 100k when most extended warranties expire. Expensive repairs are common but you do get a lot of car for the money.

The car is a loaded up 1SG with a Northstar and AWD. The only things missing are the HUD and ACC. It has had three owners. Hell, I didn't even see any door dings or scratches.

EChas3, would you happen to be a Charles III? I ask because I am hence the chazglenn3 as Glenn is my middle name.

chazglenn3 - In fact I am a Charles III. But Charles is my middle name.

IMHO, the STS handling and accessories are good, certainly better than any other American Touring Sedan. But ACC & Navigation with HUD is what makes these cars something special. That and the price point that makes this kind of luxury performance within reach is really special.

They can be expensive to maintain. If you've found a good one, don't fall in love until it's been checked out. There are excellent ones one there. Usually they are at a good price.

Thanks. I'll make arrangements to have it inspected.

UpstateNY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS v8 AWD

run a car-fax, The price is decent, i picked up my 06 STS4 V8 Black 78k miles for $13,100 in Dec 2010. Buy an extended warantee thru your bank because you don't want to fix out of pocket. They run about $1800 for 3yr/36k.

Well, somebody bought the car last night. The search continues!

malatu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 AWD

There are a ton of them out there.

Neutrocuted is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 N* 1SF HUD ACC F55 - 2008 CTS 3.6DI Premium

I bought my STS4 1SF with ACC and 80k for $12,700 from a local dealer. Had to put on 4 TPMS @ $50 ea., replace the thermostat $200 and a wheel bearing for $515. It has 4 new OEM tires, new battery and new brakes with rotors. Everything works! My guess is they dumped a lot of money into it then decided to cut their losses. Absolutely love it!

MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE

sorry you missed it.

The 60mph vibration would probably go away with a fresh balance & 4-wheel alignment. Other than that, I echo the risk of costly repairs outside of warranty/extended warranty.

I'm "making" a fortune on my CPO (Certified Pre Owned) coverage that covers from end of initial warranty to 100K/6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrocuted View Post
    I bought my STS4 1SF with ACC and 80k for $12,700 from a local dealer. Had to put on 4 TPMS @ $50 ea., replace the thermostat $200 and a wheel bearing for $515. It has 4 new OEM tires, new battery and new brakes with rotors. Everything works! My guess is they dumped a lot of money into it then decided to cut their losses. Absolutely love it!
    I had been told that ACC & AWD were only available together on 1SG models until 2008 & after. Maybe they meant 'only on V8 models'. Do you have MRC & headlight washers? If so, it's a 1SG.

Neutrocuted is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 N* 1SF HUD ACC F55 - 2008 CTS 3.6DI Premium

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    I had been told that ACC & AWD were only available together on 1SG models until 2008 & after. Maybe they meant 'only on V8 models'. Do you have MRC & headlight washers? If so, it's a 1SG.
    Yes to MRC and washers. It is a fully loaded 1SF with staggered 17" wheels. The additions the 1SG brings, I believe, is the full leather Tuscany leather seats, the ZF rack, hp brakes and 18" wheels, none of which are on my car. I'll gladly pm a pic of the label if you'd like to see!

I've only had this car for a few months (had a '04 CTS 3.6 that I totaled before and a '92 STS a few cars before that) and I am ecstatic about my purchase. I just cannot understand GM/Cadillac's total lack of any marketing effort on this car. A lot of the automotive commercials are bragging about their new tech stuff and a lot of them are things I have on my '06, you know, like they just invented this tech (like ACC and blue tooth)! The CTS is a great car and GM/Cadillac have really gone out of their way to make sure everybody (and their momma's) know about it... but the STS is far superior in my opinion. Now they've axed the N* and a lot of other goodies that are on my ride for the 2011 final year. I think the XTS is going to be like the 1985 Sedan DeVille except for the ease of connecting to Facebook, Twitter, e-mail, and texting... of course none of it will work if you have it in drive!!!!

Sorry about the rant :[ I usually try to keep that kind of crap to myself... but I just couldn't stop!

According to compnine.com my vehicle is a "one-off". Another one like it was not built from '05 - '07.

I have been watching the market because my wife doesn't want to drive her E350 any more so I'm kindda on the prowl for a 2wd 1SG and finding one is tough. A lot of V6's out there but, as a former gear head, it must be a N*, if not a V.

You definitely have to watch what ur getting. These babies can be pricey to fix... and I ain't "got-it" like that!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.