Update After 10 Days with my new STS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Update After 10 Days with my new STS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Well ladies and gentlemen, here are some updates on my new STS after 10 days..Average gas mileage was about 19 ...
    acfromla is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Update After 10 Days with my new STS

Well ladies and gentlemen, here are some updates on my new STS after 10 days..Average gas mileage was about 19 MPG. I would say it was half freeway and half local for the tank. Not bad for a powerful V8 and I bet it will improve. Especially when I stop impressing my friends with its acceleration. RPM's @ 60MPH about 1900, @ 70MPH about 2000 and 80MPH 2100.
    Couple of minor problems, trunk is hard to close, there's already a small crack in the wood near the shift lever. I am sure Caddy will take of these.
    Still getting used to the keyless entry system. Weird walking away and the car locks by itself.
    Absolutely one fast, smooth, quiet impressive piece of technology.. GM should be proud.
    Any questions.....Go right ahead and ask..
    Anthony

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

eamc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Update After 10 Days with my new STS

Hi Anthony, Nice update What do you think of the glove compartment? Opening the door makes it hit the passenger's knees, it is very small, and there is no light inside? Just a minor impression.

Edwin M.

nbfc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Which model do you have? I have had mine for about 2 weeks. I have the 1SF with nav and hud. The one thing i can't figure out is how to change the preset stations without always going back to the radio screen. Other than that I love it.

I have the 1SE Luxury Package V8 so I can't help you with the Nav. I agree with your assessment regarding the glove compartment, but it's a minor inconvenience.

rayainsw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

"RPM's @ 60MPH about 1900, @ 70MPH about 2000 and 80MPH 2100."

With those readings, I'm guessing a 1SE?????

What does the 'Instant MPG' reading show at steady highway speeds - if you can stabilize at these sorts of cruising speeds for a bit?

Thanks for posting!
    - Ray
    Obsessed with cruising range . . .

Ray, I will get back to you with the instant MPG.

EgyptianQueen is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Exclamation Re: Update After 10 Days with my new STS

Quote Originally Posted by nbfc
    Which model do you have? I have had mine for about 2 weeks. I have the 1SF with nav and hud. The one thing i can't figure out is how to change the preset stations without always going back to the radio screen. Other than that I love it.
    You can contact Cadillac Customer Assistance at 800-458-8006 and ask to be transferred to the Naviagtion unit. They will be able to help you set your radio presets. Happy Driving!

nbfc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I know how to set the presets. The problem is after they are set and you want to use them you always have to go back to the radio screen. On my DTS there was a button on the steering wheel that you were able to change in between the preset stations. I haven't been able to find out how to do it yet. Thank you though for the help.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

How powerful are the fans in the seats for the ventilation? Can you feel a breeze?

Have you guys driven on the highway at night because I'm curious how the auto dimming and brights feature works. How close do oncoming cars get before your headlights dim? It's amazing that they put semiconductor digital cameras in the headlights for that feature! I bet it would cost a lot of $$$$ to fix if you get into even a minor accident with the front end.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.