Tuscany Leather
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Tuscany Leather in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; We are waiting to get our STS till the demand is down some and the AWD maybe becomes a freeflow ...
    tdogg5184 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS, 2009 Escalade ESV

Tuscany Leather

We are waiting to get our STS till the demand is down some and the AWD maybe becomes a freeflow option. I will just get myself a Denali to replace my truck for now. But back to the STS what is the Tuscany leather seats? and what does that mean? Also is it true that the top of the line V8 does not have heated/ventilated fronts WITH heated rear. These are a couple issues that have been bothering me any help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Tuscany Leather

Quote Originally Posted by tdogg5184
    We are waiting to get our STS till the demand is down some and the AWD maybe becomes a freeflow option. I will just get myself a Denali to replace my truck for now. But back to the STS what is the Tuscany leather seats? and what does that mean? Also is it true that the top of the line V8 does not have heated/ventilated fronts WITH heated rear. These are a couple issues that have been bothering me any help would be appreciated.
    I take it you don't have the 05 STS brochure yet? According to my brochure, the Tuscany leather seats are available as an option only on the STS-V8, and it is advertized as "glove soft." Not available on V6.

Front heated surfaces (included with Luxury package) and rear seat heated surfaces are standard on STS-V8 and optional on V6 model. (included with Luxury Performance package)

I can't find anywhere in the brochure about "cooled or ventilated" seats but maybe it's implied?

majax is offline 32V Northstar

I'm pretty sure its got cooled seats, go to the website.

Quote Originally Posted by majax
    I'm sure it does, and it's becomming a standard feature with luxury cars it seems.

majax is offline 32V Northstar

I think the DeVille started it, at least it was the first car I have ever seen with them in the 50,000 and lower range. I wonder what its like?

diamond in the back is offline Cadillac Owners Member

the 05 STS will have available heated and ventilated seats,meaning they will wisk(or suck) heat away from your body instead of blowing cold air up your butt.

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

Im pretty sure a few lincolns have it under 50000 yet their not cars.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Once again (over & over) the Saab does not get credit, where credit is due. Their top of the line 9.5 AERO has had ventilated & cooled front seats since 2001. In addition, they have an air conditioned glove box which will KEEP a cold can of soda placed in there....cold. No, it will not make a warm can cold...but will keep a cold can....cold.
    Saabs remind me of Imperials, in that no matter what they ever invent (or in the case of the Imperial (inventED), it's always somebody else who gets credit for the invention.

Case in point:
    I recall the 1971 Imperial my folks had. It had headlight washers. Not that crap the BMW/M-B have today, but two small under the hood reservors, seperate from one & other. In # 1 you put a solution of 1 part liquid soap to 4 parts water. In the 2nd reservor you put plain water, with a little vineger like a tablespoon of it. When you activated the headlight washers, first it squirted from reservor #1 the soapy water, then each headlight had its own brush with an arm that attached to a motor that scrubbed the headlight clean, and then a telltale "all done" light came on and you pushed the button again, and the water/vinegar solution squirted that; to rinse away the dirt & soapy water.
    Now-a-days the German "luxury" cars (all things here are relavent) feature a single squirter, that squirts H2o onto the headlight. What good does that actually do? Yet, 9 times outta 10, it's BMW or Mercedes that is given credit for the Headlight Washing "system" Ummmm. "System" ???
    This is a "system" :-
    http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/A...es/washers.jpg

'Ya know that Automatic Dimming Rear View miror 'ya got? As in lights from the rear hit it, and it automaticaly dims ? Well......check the 1963 Imperial brochure

Quote Originally Posted by majax
    Correct you are! I missed it as it was on page 11 of the brochure.

M STaR 013 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Saabs are sweet! the 9-5 is very fast with the turbo 4-cylinder producing like 250 horsepower, and the cooled seats are how can i say this...cool! i am sure the STS has it and heated in the back, if not, wow they are really behind in the times of luxury cars

nbfc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The new STS does have both heated and cooled seats for the front and heated for the rear. They work great. I have had my STS for about a week now and it is on eof the best cars I have driven in. I didn't get the tuscany seats because one I didn't want to wait and the reason i really didn't notice a big difference between the swatches at the dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by nbfc
    The new STS does have both heated and cooled seats for the front and heated for the rear. They work great. I have had my STS for about a week now and it is on eof the best cars I have driven in. I didn't get the tuscany seats because one I didn't want to wait and the reason i really didn't notice a big difference between the swatches at the dealer.
    Congratulations! The interiors and dash layout look great in the brochure, so I can only imagine in person how good it looks! Be sure to keep us updated on any gripes, problems, or praise you have with it. Are you the guy who got the Ebony interior?

tdogg5184 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS, 2009 Escalade ESV

We currently have a 2000 STS and the new STS will be the replacement. The Leather in the 2000 is fading and does not feel like the best leather. I hope that the Tuscany leather is of alot better quality than that of the old leather. My brothers infiniti seems to have alot richer of leather, i hope the new STS is similar.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Most of the leather today has the color painted on.

There are some manufacturers that have optional aniline or semi aniline leather(Lexus).

Aniline leather is the best quality leather with no blemishes. It is dyed in a vat and any imperfection in the leather will show through.

I do not know if glove soft leather is the same as aniline. it may just be part of the tanning process to make it softer.

I know that Mercury offers a glove soft leather. I think they call it Nudo or something like that.

I looked at the STS with the Tuscany leather and couldn't tell any difference, but I did not touch it.

I use Lexol cleaner and then conditioner on my SRX's seats. So far so good.

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Actually, analine is a dying process. It is preferable because the process penetrates the hide, making the color more permanent. A color application process, not unlike painting, creates a "crust" so to speak, and will fade and crack much more quickly (depending on where you live. A leather interior will last longer in Oregon, than in Scottsdale). In the 60's and 70's the difference between the leather used in Lincolns and Cadillacs was quite vast. Lincoln used a color application leather, much less costly, and cracks started to show within a couple years. Cadillac used to make a big deal about the quality of the leather they used. It was called "Sierra Grain" and was analine dyed.
    As for "Tuscany" leather as used in the STS, I believe it is a "Nubuck" leather. It has a pronounced grain and a suede-like surface. This should have the effect of "holding" one in the seat. STS's so equipped will have some of the most luxurious interiors available at any price from any manufacturer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.