3200 Hp!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 3200 Hp! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Guys, I'm trying to stay away from the new STS since my 99 is paid for and clean, but Cadillac ...
    cguthrie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

3200 Hp!

Guys,

I'm trying to stay away from the new STS since my 99 is paid for and clean, but Cadillac is intent on chasing me down.

After I drove through traffic for 2 hours for a family event Friday night, a local dealership had a new silver with black interior parked outside of an upscale restaurant for test drives. No time for a drive, but I was able view and sit in the vehicle.

Wow. Terrific seats - looks great in person. Wife had to drag me away due to time constraints.

As soon as I got home I had a mailer from Capitol Cadillac for an opening reception in October. My favorite part of the invite was the specs, they had a typo on the V8 hp - 3200!

Anyway, while I need to drive one, it seems like a terrific replacement for the old body style, a little tighter on the inside - width - but more performance!

Similar lines to the CTS, but larger, like BMW, Mercedes, etc. While it's been odd that Cadillac has started at the lower end and moved up, it makes sense from how their market has changed over the past 15 years.

Still love my '99, but...

Chris
    99STS 97K

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

majax is offline 32V Northstar

Re: 3200 Hp!

How about you put the '99 to 100,000 and trade it in .

No kidding on the trade in. I feel like Cadi marketing has me in their cross hairs!

I'm like a crack ho trying to stay away from the dealer!

The 2005 STS is probably the best sedan built by Cadillac or anyone in the US.

On the competitive front, I've seriously looked at the XJR's - supercharged, sweet rides, questionable reliability, and will probably wait for the supercharged version of the STS, V, or whatever. You can't beat Cadillac on the power/luxury/handling/reliability equation.

Congrat's to whoever is buying the STS, it is a terrific car!

CG
    99 STS

majax is offline 32V Northstar

Well its good your holdin on, then when the 2006 model rolls around with all the possible bugs worked out your just gona have to get it.

VCONVERT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

"V8 hp - 3200!"

Must be the Top Fuel Funny Car edition!

Young DeVille is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1997 Dark Adriatic Metallic Blue Deville Sittin on 20 Chrome

Is this Capital Cadillac located in Greenbelt Maryland off of 495???

Yes. Capitol Cadillac. My sales guy a couple years ago was Phil Lark, probably the most professional and efficient car sales guy I've ever met. I was in and out in an hour as promised, and the car has been terrific.

No fuss, no muss.

Chris
    99 STS 97K

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.