05 STS Drivers Door lock issue - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 05 STS Drivers Door lock issue in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Just wanted to tell you guys that the new handle and lock fixed my problem!! Thanks so much for everyones ...
    swangin50 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS

Re: 05 STS Drivers Door lock issue

Just wanted to tell you guys that the new handle and lock fixed my problem!! Thanks so much for everyones help and a special thanks to ddalder for taking the time out to get me the information!

ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

I was hoping you'd post the result. It's great to hear you have this fixed!

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Yes, congrats!
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Thanks for posting your results.

Regards!

02603sec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS 1SF Black V8 2006

nice thread thanks, and I'm glad to see the help. So mine is stuck in virtual lock pull the handle and LED lights for 5 secs. The pass front passive works, and all the rest of the Fob features work. Except for the passive drivers door with apparently is stuck in virtual lock. The fob will unlock it.

any suggestions.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

sounds like the antenna in the handle has gone bad... or the connection is bad
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

02603sec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS 1SF Black V8 2006

I've been contemplating how an antenna can go bad? My farm in PA has an antenna from the '60's that still works. It has to be a connection that got wet, then grounded, then shorted. I will eventually pull the door apart. Mine's an 05 and has been out of warranty for awhile.

kevin-05sts-4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS-4

swangin50
    View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Add as Contact

Cadillac Owners Member
    Cadillac(s) I Drive: 2005 STS

Just wanted to tell you guys that the new handle and lock fixed my problem!! Thanks so much for everyones help and a special thanks to ddalder for taking the time out to get me the information!
    Glad this fixed you issue, and reading through the tread you also mentioned that your remote start wasn't working ..
    Did this issue go away when you replaced the door switch.

Thanks for all the great info,, My STS-4 driver side has this problem as well, but it works when it gets wet.. so I'm thinking I have a bad connection some where ....... How hard is it to pull the door panel ??? I've pulled amny a panels in my day so I'm not afraid to do it, just looking for degree for difficulty.

gsanchez408 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cadillac sts

hey swangin50 same exact issue as you. wondering if you replaced just the outside handle which has the antenna and the 2 wire connector or the inner piece that the handle attaches to that has the 6 wire connector or both

back-n-black is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just wanted to say Thanks to the guys helping troubleshoot in this thread. I just picked up a 2005 STS-4 and was having the issue with the drivers door. I went throught this thread and another on these doors and found I had a bad switch on the handle assembly. I took the switch out of the handle and sprayed some electrical cleaner on top. The boot around one of the switches has a hole worn through it, so I figure dirt and grime have gotten to the switch. The electrical cleaner did the trick and it works as designed now. In the future I will have to replace the switch or keep cleaning it.

kriskringle is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cadillac sts

I thought I'd share my experiences since I have this problem from time to time. My drivers side door would also not open via the normal keyless entry. Having to open it from the inside and or use the key manually. My fix has been that I have opened the remote and put a new 2032 battery in it, and or pull the small metal contact out a little to make better contact. Then closing it back up, go out to the car and place the remote control next to the door handle and open the door. It's work now on 2 seperate occasions, albeit the 1st time it lasted a couple of months and just did it again and it opened. This time I knew the battery was good and just extended the battery contact and it worked. Hope it works for you too.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

I find fob batteries make better contact/last longer without attention in my old-style fob. Energizer CR2032 are better than most and only a few manufacturers even claim to rival them.

I happened across a website dedicated to collecting datasheets on just that size; mAh ratings tell the tale.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.