Saw 1st 2005 STS today (9/16)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Saw 1st 2005 STS today (9/16) in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; While at my dealership I saw their 1st delivered 2005 STS. It was black. My immediate impressions: -1 parked right ...
    rickko is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 STS, '06 DTS Performance, '04 Vette

Saw 1st 2005 STS today (9/16)

While at my dealership I saw their 1st delivered 2005 STS. It was black.

My immediate impressions:

-1 parked right next to it and didn't notice it.
    -When salesman pointed it out to me I thought it was an oversized CTS at first glance from a distance.
    -After looking at it up close and personal I thought it to be non-descript.
    -I still like the unique styling lines of the pre-98 Seville body.
    -For the price (this one said $52k I believe) you can buy a 2005 Corvette and save yourself about six-grand and drive away with a truly impressive car.

..rickko..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

STS HEAD is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Saw 1st 2005 STS today (9/16)

I'm new to the (cadi) game, but fell in luv on first sight (pre-release).Then again I can't afford it, so I dream and wait for good ole' depreciation

majax is offline 32V Northstar

I love the new STS!

1caddy96 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i am kind of scared but a good freind of mine works at a caddy dearlership and said he drove one, te thing screws and is Nothing like the old ones, he said he loves this new car. i hjaven't seen one personally but i do think they look like oversized CTS, kind of like what ford did with the explorer and expedition. i don;t know if i will like it, and that price tag doesn't do it any help

ben72227 is offline Banned

it seems like an impressive car, but i would rather take one of the '93-'98 STS just because they actually had distinctive styling to them. STS (visually) just looks like they decided to make a higher-end CTS and couldn't afford a new design

Anyways, im sure it will be a great car, but its just not my cup of tea.

STSOnly is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ben72227
    it seems like an impressive car, but i would rather take one of the '93-'98 STS just because they actually had distinctive styling to them. STS (visually) just looks like they decided to make a higher-end CTS and couldn't afford a new design

Anyways, im sure it will be a great car, but its just not my cup of tea.
    I drove the V8 version of the 2005 STS at Drive Summit 2004 and it was very fun to drive. It's a better performer than the '98-'04 Seville. The 2005 is fast and very small. Very very small. Don't pay attention to the dimension specifications released by GM. In fact, the 2005 STS is about the same size as a CTS, just wider. IMO, it's a SRX sedan or V8 automatic CTS. It also looks like a small 2000-current Deville. In terms of exterior and interior, it can't touch the '98-'04 Seville. The '98-'04 is the best IMO. The 2005 STS looks too cheapy and inexpensive + it's too small.

Here are some 2005 STS pictures that I took at Drive Summit 2004.

rollman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS

I saw one yesterday while I was out shopping . Its longer then the CTS thats for sure. Overall I like it but I need to sit in one and drive it to say I love it . I'm on the fence .

Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

If its any smaller than my '94 STS, I don't like it one bit...I have enough trouble with space in that one...my head brushes the roof if I don't get the seat right, and my go leg is pressed against the stereo. Not complaining at all, I love my car, but its got nothing on the room that my '83 Eldo had Oh yes, by the way, a wee bit over 6'11, so nothing fits me like the olds stuff anyways.

STSOnly is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    If its any smaller than my '94 STS, I don't like it one bit...I have enough trouble with space in that one...my head brushes the roof if I don't get the seat right, and my go leg is pressed against the stereo. Not complaining at all, I love my car, but its got nothing on the room that my '83 Eldo had Oh yes, by the way, a wee bit over 6'11, so nothing fits me like the olds stuff anyways.
    Do you know how huge the '92-'97 Seville looks compared to a '86-'91 Seville? Well, I own a small 1991 STS ('86-'91 Seville) and the 2005 STS is just a little longer than my car. When I'm sitting inside the 2005 STS, the space makes me feel right at home.

The 2005 STS may not be the exact same length as a CTS, but it appears to be the same to me. I drove both of them several times and compared them in person, side by side, and they look the same length as each other. The 2005 may be slightly longer, but it's not a 'big CTS.' It's more like a SRX sedan or small 2000-current Deville. The 2005 STS is also wider.

The 2005 STS interior space is marginally larger than your 1994 STS. It's not a large car. It's a midsized car I guess. Check out some other pics I posted on this site in the 2005 STS forum:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=21021

People complained about the downsizing of the Seville for the '86-'91 model, then praised the '92-'97. I wonder what people will say about the small 2005 STS once it hit the streets in droves lol.

Spyder is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.

Yea, once I get the motor back in my 94, **sooooon, with luck**, I'm going to go down to the local Caddy dealer and see if they'll let me testdrive it. I don't want to go until I have the caddy, cause with what I'm driving for now, they probably won't even talk to me

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.