Wood Trim - RPO B20
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Wood Trim - RPO B20 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Are there other varieties of wood trim for the 2006 model year? i.e. is it really Eucalyptus? Is RPO B20 ...
    EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Wood Trim - RPO B20

Are there other varieties of wood trim for the 2006 model year? i.e. is it really Eucalyptus? Is RPO B20 something special on the 1SG? Or is it all just a generic faux wood after all...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

skexius is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Seville STS and a 2003 Oldsmobile Aurora Final 500

Re: Wood Trim - RPO B20

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    Are there other varieties of wood trim for the 2006 model year? i.e. is it really Eucalyptus? Is RPO B20 something special on the 1SG? Or is it all just a generic faux wood after all...
    Echas3,I can answer that question for you.For the 2006 model year of the STS, there was only one type of wood used and it was 100% genuine REAL Eucalyptus wood. NO fake plastic wood on any STS with wood trim.Option code B20 is for the full wood package on the 1SF and 1SG packages on the STS V8. It included real wood on the center stack, console, Instrument panel spear on the passenger side of the dash, all door pulls, steering wheel, and gear shift knob.The Eucaplyptus wood came in Medium or Dark color depending on the color of the interior. Light Gray and Black interiors got the Dark wood. Cashmere interiors got the Medium wood.The 1SE STS V8 got the wood trim package with less of the above areas covered with wood. It is option code B19.Option code B19 above is standard in the 1SB package for the STS V6. Option code B20 above is standard in the 1SC package for the STS V6.Hope this helps!skexius

madmanmogan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS 1SC

Does anyone know where I can get the wood trim for the door pulls and the steering wheel? I have a 06 V6 STS with gray interior. I want to just buy the 4 door pulls and the steering wheel piece.

bbshriver is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS V8

The steering wheel piece requires a new steering wheel...

I would like to get the door pulls as well if anyone knows of a source..

Also, my center stack surround looks to be "fading" there's a section along the top with no grain to it at all, just a tan splotch..

caddyfat2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG w/ HUD-ACC

Quote Originally Posted by bbshriver View Post
    The steering wheel piece requires a new steering wheel...

I would like to get the door pulls as well if anyone knows of a source..

Also, my center stack surround looks to be "fading" there's a section along the top with no grain to it at all, just a tan splotch..
    There is a complete woodgrain set on ebay for $399 and my surround for my radio/navi unit faded also. There was a faded spot at the top that was approx 1 x 3 inches. It was replaced under warranty too at a cost of $648.97

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Whew! I saw the $400 set. I'd expect a different RPO for the Medium vs. Dark wood.

My wife's 2007 Hertz version says 1SE but it has all the same wood trim that I have.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

I can check on this tomorrow at work for you all... if I get any free time, that is - if not then definitely after work
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

skexius is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Seville STS and a 2003 Oldsmobile Aurora Final 500

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    Whew! I saw the $400 set. I'd expect a different RPO for the Medium vs. Dark wood.

My wife's 2007 Hertz version says 1SE but it has all the same wood trim that I have.
    Echas3,Remember, the information on the wood trim packages above that I gave was for the 2006 model year STS only!For the 2007 model year STS V8, the full B20 Wood trim package was made standard on ALL STS V8s. So, your wife's car would have the full wood package even in the 1SE trim.Standard and optional features may and do change from year to year on most cars.skexius

bbshriver is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS V8

Quote Originally Posted by caddyfat2 View Post
    There is a complete woodgrain set on ebay for $399 and my surround for my radio/navi unit faded also. There was a faded spot at the top that was approx 1 x 3 inches. It was replaced under warranty too at a cost of $648.97
    Yea, I'm wanting to ask the dealer about it. Just not a big enough thing to take the car in for. I'll mention it at the next oil change, or unplanned service.

I also want them to check on the hood, it has some spots like small holes in the clearcoat that don't seem to be "chips" but more like problems with the paint..

Bro-Ham-Detroit is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS - 1SG AWD V8 and 94 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

skexius ,

thank you so much for your detail! It is just what I was looking for. I have a 1Sg and couldn't figure out witch one to order to replace my broken one. For those keeping score, Order Medium Eucalyptus I/P ACSRY CTR TRIM PLATE P/N 10388012 or Dark Eucalyptus P/N 10388011

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

And by the way those parts list at $630 each...

i can sell them at a discount for $413
    (special return bin pricing... normal forum discount is $449)

i actually have the Medium Eucalyptus (#10388012) in stock!
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Lifer is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS 1SG, 2001 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Please keep in mind that the wood provided by Cadillac is real, but are paper thin veneers over a solid substrate and covered with a heavy protective clear coat like a polyurethane varnish. What the means is that we get a lot of mileage out of a piece of wood, but that this is an assembled product. In some cases it is reparable, but it is still thin. All cars, even Rolls Royce are that way. Chevys, Fords - probable plastic all the way. Lexus - I don't know, but they cornered the world on birds-eye maple veneers a while back.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4

I replaced my door panels with V series ones and have a full set of black panels with wood if anyones interested...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.