Second thaughts
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Second thaughts in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My first impression of the car was disapointing, exterior looked like a big CTS to me. The interior looked great ...
    Slick V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Second thaughts

My first impression of the car was disapointing, exterior looked like a big CTS to me. The interior looked great other then the bland doors. All that has changed today, I test drove a fully loaded (no AWD) blk/tan STS, and the car was a dream. I currently own a now last gen STS and this new one is a huge evolution. The doors do not look bland to me now that I have seen them with the wood on the handles. The 15 speaker surround sound is of the best quality Ive ever heard, and I know alot of people with top of the line aftermarket sound systems. The suspension was the magnashock and it is second to none, I was driving over huge pot holes and sewage covers and you cant feel a thing, the only way you know you just drove over them was the sound it made. Great engine, alot of speed and you cant even tell when the gears are shifting unless you look at the tac. I no longer down on this car as I once did, it is everybit just as nice on the interior as the 03 S55 benz they had on the used lot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

majax is offline 32V Northstar

Re: Second thaughts

Practically Everyone has been in the STS but me, and shoot I liked it from the get go. I'm really gona flip when I see it in person.

Thats so cool you like it! I think it was you that I said to just wait to experience it in real life and not just photos.

strindl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I drove one today as well, it seems the dealers in my area have all gotten one, and only one in, during the last couple days. They all seem to be the V8 RWD variants.

The car drives great, smooth and quiet. I took it on my "rattle road", a stretch of city street that is gaurenteed to show up any rattles that may be in a car. The STS was completely rattle free.

I own an 04 CTS now, which I love, but the STS with the V8 is smoother, better riding, and quieter. It handles great too.

If my dealer had had one in blue chip, I think my checkbook would have inched its way out of my pocket.

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

I agree wiht your first post...

The car is defintely golden, but in summary, worth that much more than the CTS?? IMHO, no

majax is offline 32V Northstar

Quote Originally Posted by elwesso
    I agree wiht your first post...

The car is defintely golden, but in summary, worth that much more than the CTS?? IMHO, no
    So you sayin you wouldnt trade up if you owned a CTS, or that the CTS is just as good?

Let me put it this way...

THey had the new STS in dark blue/grey interior, and the same color combo in the STS... I dont recall how much the CTS is (30k-ish?) and from walking from one to the other I dont think its worth the extra 20k... Just my humble opinion, thats without driving either, or for that matter sitting in them!!!! Just looking.....

Also, for that money Iwould DEFININTELY go with the CTSv

Slick V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

You need to drive them, it will change your opinion. I thought the same as you, not worth 20k extra, but it is worth that much and more. This new STS is easily competeing witht the 80k class cars from over seas.

strindl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Slick V
    You need to drive them, it will change your opinion. I thought the same as you, not worth 20k extra, but it is worth that much and more. This new STS is easily competeing witht the 80k class cars from over seas.

I'm still debating what to do. I could just keep my CTS, trade it for a new awd STS, an awd SRX, or I still like the Lexus LS. For utter smoothness and quietness of the ride, the Lexus wins, as well as it has the snazzyist interior. The outside looks are blah though, it doesn't handle as well as my CTS, let alone the STS, and it does not offer an awd option.

ctsrjk is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just got a 2005 CTS (1SC package with Nav). I'm verry happy.

But I was really impressed with the STS. There were several in the showroom. I liked it much better in person, because up to that point, all I saw were pictures. I didn't take it for a test drive though.

The STS could be my next car when my new lease expires.

ctsrjk is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by elwesso
    Also, for that money Iwould DEFININTELY go with the CTSv
    I love the CTSv. 400hp! Geeez, what a sweet piece of machinery...

I actually wanted to buy one, but I got the CTS with the Luxury Sport Package + Nav System instead. Money wasn't the issue. The problem is that my wife can't (won't) drive a stick, and this becomes an issue for us. She has an MDX, but there are times when we need to swap cars.

The nice thing about the STS is that I could get a V8 with an automatic transmssion. No STS was in the showroom when I bought my 2005 CTS, but there were several when my new car was finally ready for pick up.

I'm still really happy with the CTS--so this isn't a big issue for me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.